Working for Agency

I reckon this question has been asked before but I’ll ask anyway.

I am doing my class 2 the end of this month and will be looking for work immediately. I’m guessing I’ll have to find an agency. I’m based in Aberdeen and I’ve seen a company called driver hire so think will go with them. My question is basically is agency work that bad a lot of people complain about it but surely it has a good variety to it though the hours I think would be quite dodgy. Thanks for any help.

Each Driver Hire office is a franchise. Someone who’s set up on their own under that brand. So peoples experience with them will differ in each area depending on how well the franchisee runs things.
When you first start with them and especially if you’ve got no previous experience you will get the bottom of the barrel work that everyone else has refused. That’s just how it is.
There’s plenty of tipper work for advertised on Facebook. You might get lucky especially now other firms will be looking to pick up the work on AWPR that Allen Transport have lost.
Arr Craib usually looking for drivers as well.

harrawaffa:
Each Driver Hire office is a franchise. Someone who’s set up on their own under that brand. So peoples experience with them will differ in each area depending on how well the franchisee runs things.
When you first start with them and especially if you’ve got no previous experience you will get the bottom of the barrel work that everyone else has refused. That’s just how it is.
There’s plenty of tipper work for advertised on Facebook. You might get lucky especially now other firms will be looking to pick up the work on AWPR that Allen Transport have lost.
Arr Craib usually looking for drivers as well.

Thanks I’ll have a look at ARR Craib tomorrow. Maybe drop off an email or call a few local companies nearby seeing if they’ll hire a new driver.

oDillonx2:
Maybe drop off an email or call a few local companies nearby seeing if they’ll hire a new driver.

FACE TO FACE will get you further and have your gear in the boot especially early mornings

ROG:

oDillonx2:
Maybe drop off an email or call a few local companies nearby seeing if they’ll hire a new driver.

FACE TO FACE will get you further and have your gear in the boot especially early mornings

I wouldn’t look at an unsolicited email, whereas seeing someone looking smart, with a pleasant attitude and the get up and go to knock on doors , is jnfiniely more employable!

Good luck.

DHL are advertising in Aberdeen, they take on new drivers. I started with them in ■■■■■■■■■■■ agency long term contract, but from day one treated me as one of there own and helped me as a new driver, driver assessor and other drivers always keen to help and let me practise my reversing in yard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Billywolves9:
DHL are advertising in Aberdeen, they take on new drivers. I started with them in ■■■■■■■■■■■ agency long term contract, but from day one treated me as one of there own and helped me as a new driver, driver assessor and other drivers always keen to help and let me practise my reversing in yard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great I’ll have a look.