Mirror Signal Manoeuvre, corrrect sequence?

Mirror Signal Manoeuvre ……
My question is “is there an absolutely correct way to do the “MSM” for HGV“
Instructor Z allowed,” mirror, mirror, indicate, life saver, mirror”
Instructor Y allowed the same.
The above was in Class 2
Moving on to Class 1
Instructor X his system is, left mirror, right mirror, indicate, blind spot, right mirror, left mirror, right mirror.
So my turn came (he needs you to say it out loud) and I said “mirror, mirror, life saver ……and that’s as far as I got when X then nagged “this is an aritc you’re driving not a bike we’re not having any bike stuff here, it’s a blind spot”. Well that really confused me, because I’ve used M, M, LS, M for years, it took me hours to get the hang of saying “blind spot”, rather than “life saver”. Why couldn’t he just let me use what I knew? But that’s not my question.
Another thing is Instructors Z and Y required me to do this at every pulling away, from the side of the road, from traffic lights and from roundabouts, every time, and also if I missed my pulling away “slot” I had to do the whole lot again.
But instructor X said that you only need to do all this from the side of the road, at other times just “mirror, mirror”
My question is “is there an absolutely correct way, for the test, to do the “MSM” for HGV”.
Or is it more “just do enough checks to show the examiner you’re being observant”

PRM

Easiest way to remember is - check all around before moving

Who cares in which order as long as all are checked because whichever way you do it one area is going to be first and another last which is going to mean a delay between the first and last check of about 2 seconds

What a pendantic knobber for being bothered about you saying life saver. You’re checking your blind spot all the same.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ROG, “who cares?” I think the trainees would care if there was an “absolutely correct” way that the examiner required.
I see you’re an instructor so I presume you have had a “routine” which you taught your pupils.
What does DT1 say, probably the first part of your comment “check all around before moving”.
Thanks for your comment.

IronEddie, I thought so as well.

PRM

PRM414:
ROG, “who cares?” I think the trainees would care if there was an “absolutely correct” way that the examiner required.
I see you’re an instructor so I presume you have had a “routine” which you taught your pupils.
What does DT1 say, probably the first part of your comment “check all around before moving”.
Thanks for your comment.

IronEddie, I thought so as well.

PRM

There is no exact way that the test form requires you to do checks - it does have a tick box for mirrors and another for observation

I usually found that working from left to right was the easiest way - left mirrors - front mirror (if fitted) - forward view - right mirror - down into o/s blind spot if needed - forward view