Any reviews of Hamiltons Driver Training?

First Post so apologies if this sounds or seems a mess! I am right at the beginning stage of going down the training route. I just got my licence back this morning. Because i am sort of in the middle of a few training centres (About 20 miles from Apex, Hamiltons and Priestly) I just wondered if some of you on here can offer me some advice and experiences of said training places. All i have seen on Facebook is 5* reviews for hamiltons can anybody shed any light are they worth the extra couple of hundred to go with. I want to learn properly from the start and at the best place wherever that may be. Any info would be brill thank you :sunglasses:

Assuming that you mean apex Peterborough I went for an assessment there and wasn’t impressed. Vehicles were old and hard to get in gear. Heard some stories about instructors shouting at trainee as well which I think is out of order.

Personally for what your going to spend overall go do an assessment and see what you think of the place. Its an hours training even if don’t go with them…

Thank you for the reply and yes i meant Apex Peterborough. I did actually have my medical there and it seemed a hectic place, a motorbike test was going on as i turned in! And lorries seemed to be all over in different companies yard. Who did you go with in the end for your training? I am leaning more towards Hamiltons because every review on Facebook seems to be 5*

If you do choose Hamiltons then a write up on them would be nice as we do not seem to have such on this site

JASCAMBS:
Thank you for the reply and yes i meant Apex Peterborough. I did actually have my medical there and it seemed a hectic place, a motorbike test was going on as i turned in! And lorries seemed to be all over in different companies yard. Who did you go with in the end for your training? I am leaning more towards Hamiltons because every review on Facebook seems to be 5*

I had an assessment but couldn’t get the truck in reverse and the instructor struggled.

Yes trucks were over the yard.

I went residential with PSTT for c and ce

I’ve done my class2 with Hamilton’s. The biggest advantage over other driving school local to me (Prestleys) was that you train and hold your test in Kingd Lynn which is my hometown and it’s pretty small and easy to drive. Prestleys I believe hold theirs test in Peterborough. The trucks isn’t fantastic but they’re ok. Instructors on another hand were brilliant and really helpful. Actually I liked whole experience so much that I’m doing my class1 with them as well. Starting tomorrow!!! Super excited and really looking forward. I think you might find cheaper places to get your training but I believe training and taking your test in your hometown is a huge advantage. So if you’re local to kings lynn I recommend them. Few my mates got training with them and they all were happy with Hamilton’s training school. I know couple guys who failed twice in Peterborough and came to do their test with Hamilton’s in kings lynn.

Mantas HGV:
I’ve done my class2 with Hamilton’s. The biggest advantage over other driving school local to me (Prestleys) was that you train and hold your test in Kingd Lynn which is my hometown and it’s pretty small and easy to drive. Prestleys I believe hold theirs test in Peterborough. The trucks isn’t fantastic but they’re ok. Instructors on another hand were brilliant and really helpful. Actually I liked whole experience so much that I’m doing my class1 with them as well. Starting tomorrow!!! Super excited and really looking forward. I think you might find cheaper places to get your training but I believe training and taking your test in your hometown is a huge advantage. So if you’re local to kings lynn I recommend them. Few my mates got training with them and they all were happy with Hamilton’s training school. I know couple guys who failed twice in Peterborough and came to do their test with Hamilton’s in kings lynn.

Hi Mantas, thank you for the reply that answers pretty much everything. I am more Wisbech/villages area but Lynn is slightly closer than Peterborough and yes i rang Priestleys they do test in Peterborough where i assume Apex do! One thing is Hamilton’s auto gearboxes? I wish you the best of luck with Class 1 and sure you will pass :slight_smile: you have convinced me to pay a bit extra and go with them

They’ve got to rigids scania semi auto and iveco 6 speed manual. Artic scania is an auto. 3rd day training I feel pretty confident. Will see the results on Friday :smiley: