C&E Training

Hi folks just looking for some information. I start my C&E Training next week and was wondering is there anything that I should be doing to get my self ready in preparation? I have been Class C since the end of last year. Should I just wait and take it in as it comes.
Cheers Paul

You could have a look at the CE tips contained within the link in my signature below :bulb: but they are mainly for artic

Cheers ROG I will have a look at it. It will be artic rather than W&D
Cheers Paul

I just sat and watched YouTube videos, to prepare and revise each day what I’d learnt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What should I take with me? I don’t need to take paper certificates do I? Is it just my licences and driver cpc cards that I need to take? The paperwork that was given to me doesn’t make it clear.
Cheers Paul

NPABU:
What should I take with me? I don’t need to take paper certificates do I? Is it just my licences and driver cpc cards that I need to take? The paperwork that was given to me doesn’t make it clear.
Cheers Paul

Licence - thats it

Thanks for the quick reply ROG
Cheers Paul

Well after a great week of training and feeling good about the upcoming test I went and failed it. I was worrying to much about the uncoupling part that I totally messed up the reversing. Ye that’s right the reversing. To much speed and totally ■■■■■■ it up, then with that on my mind went out and let a van bully me for space at a T junction and my trailer wheel clipped the kerb. Bang serious fault and failed. Saying I’m gutted is just an understatement. I have rebooked my retest and won’t dwell to much about it. It just a sore 1 to take. It just proves that you have to be on that ball for the whole time of your test. So for a couple of beers tonight and then chill out and forget and just keep watching YouTube vids to keep me sharp lol
Cheers Paul

NPABU:
Well after a great week of training and feeling good about the upcoming test I went and failed it. I was worrying to much about the uncoupling part that I totally messed up the reversing. Ye that’s right the reversing. To much speed and totally [zb] it up, then with that on my mind went out and let a van bully me for space at a T junction and my trailer wheel clipped the kerb. Bang serious fault and failed. Saying I’m gutted is just an understatement. I have rebooked my retest and won’t dwell to much about it. It just a sore 1 to take. It just proves that you have to be on that ball for the whole time of your test. So for a couple of beers tonight and then chill out and forget and just keep watching YouTube vids to keep me sharp lol
Cheers Paul

I failed my C+E first time as well due to white van man cutting me up and me bumping the kerb to avoid him. Don’t worry about it too much, now you know what to look out for.
Its then a whole new ball game when you start in your new job, knobs are everywhere!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

The reversing is the easiest part of the test imo.
People usually fail it due to nerves. So they end up reversing way too fast or they take the smallest shunt possible.
Those shunts make it so easy to pass the reversing part of the test you just gotta know how to use them right.

As for the van that is your fault. You need to take the space you need as early as possible if your getting to the junction and cant take the space you need due to a van being there then you left it too late. Soon as you have that space it is yours he may try and squeeze through the gap but if he ends up getting stuck or tailswiped then that’s his problem. :sunglasses:

Yes your right adam277 the reversing was a part that I didn’t have any problem with, I know where I went wrong and I’m not making excuses. I took the reverse way to fast and ballsed it up. I should have been more aware at the junction but was just thinking how much I ■■■■■■ up with the reverse that I totally lost my Road planning, I’m not on here to justify my failure just informing that’s all
Cheers Paul

Unlucky Paul, you will smash it next time. Learn from it move on.

Don’t worry about the coupling, just memorise and follow the process.