Provisional License Question

Hi all.

I’ve been a van driver for a while and thought I’d make the switch to HGV’s, starting with 7.5 ton. I sent off a D2 and D4 form to the DVLA so I could get provisional C1 entitlement, but the license they’ve sent back doesn’t have any number after the C1 category.

Here is a picture of the back of the license…
imgur.com/a/OPZ9nYc

Does anyone know if the C1 entitlement is on this? Or have the DVLA screwed me over?

thats because you havent passed your test yet. provisional entitlement used to be shown on the counterpart, it is now shown here:

gov.uk/view-driving-licence

That doesn’t appear to be working. I’ll phone them tomorrow to make double sure. Thanks for the response.

Hi, I had the same problem. I called the DVLA and they said they do not show it on the licence card until you pass your test but it can be seen on their system.

Did you tick C & D on the D2 form so all LGV & PCV are covered by the one D4 medical :question:

Why have you gone for C1 instead of going for C :question:

ROG:
Did you tick C & D on the D2 form so all LGV & PCV are covered by the one D4 medical :question:

I think I only ticked C but I really don’t fancy PCV anyway.

I went for C1 becuse the test is cheaper, and as I live in London I assume most of the jobs will be there, so want to get used to driving something smaller round there at first. I do intend to go Class 2 eventually though.

Mic899:

ROG:

I think I only ticked C but I really don’t fancy PCV anyway.

I went for C1 becuse the test is cheaper, and as I live in London I assume most of the jobs will be there, so want to get used to driving something smaller round there at first. I do intend to go Class 2 eventually though.

Test fee and test are the same so how much cheaper is it :question:

On the places I’ve looked at, the training course seems to be several hundred pounds cheaper.

While I’m here, another quick question rather than start a new thread…
The theory test book seems to have a lot of questions specifically for bus driving. Are those questions likely to come up on an HGV test?

Mic899:
On the places I’ve looked at, the training course seems to be several hundred pounds cheaper.

While I’m here, another quick question rather than start a new thread…
The theory test book seems to have a lot of questions specifically for bus driving. Are those questions likely to come up on an HGV test?

PCV specific Qs should not get asked on a LGV test

C1 could be done in a 4 tonne van so that is probably why = no air brakes so getting into a 7.5 is going to be a steep learning curve