Finding a class 1 job

Ok so I’ve been driving a coach for about 7 years and recently done both class 2 and 1 and
I’m having a job finding class one work, I thought with the coach driving experience I wouldn’t have to much trouble, I’ve had loads of offers for class 2 but I’m not interested
As I want class 1 for the experience, im working for an agency at the moment but all I’ve done is class 2 work, the agency keep telling me to be patient and they will find something, I even emailed a load of company’s my cv and only got two replies, how are you supposed to get experience if know one will give you a chance, it’s very frustrating,

Where’s your location ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trouble with agencies isthey will give you dregs they cannot normallly fill .So go direct to firms and ask for class 1 work .or you will be lied to by the agency for as long as they get the turd work filled …

I always suggest smaller firms because they are more likely to understand the difficulty of starting out. We’ve given new starts a chance. On the other hand Stobarts give new passes a chance, is there one near you.

As for emailed CVs, I don’t like them. Try knocking on a few doors.

I’m in oxford, the closest eddy stobart is about 25 miles, the agency do seem to be giving me the crap but at the moment I’m just glad to be working, I just thought it would be easier then it has been

Bigdazer:
I’m in oxford, the closest eddy stobart is about 25 miles, the agency do seem to be giving me the crap but at the moment I’m just glad to be working, I just thought it would be easier then it has been

Are you not prepared to travel the 25 miles to a stobart depot then?.As they take on new drivers.As do the company i work for.And are you looking for day work/tramping/nights?.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I was told there pay was crap, I don’t mind what kind of work at the moment just want the experience,

Bigdazer:
I was told there pay was crap, I don’t mind what kind of work at the moment just want the experience,

You do not have a choice FFs ! Better pay comes with experience ,
Use Stobies as stepping stone and nothing more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:

Bigdazer:

You do not have a choice FFs ! Better pay comes with experience ,
Use Stobies as stepping stone and nothing more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That^^^^. You may suddenly get lucky but like as not you’ll have to start on poor work and build up to the better paying stuff.

Bigdazer:

So what sort of money do you think is’nt crap?.Because as has been said.Unless you get lucky.Your going to have to start somewhere.And not he to fussy to a certain degree.

daftvader:

Bigdazer:

So what sort of money do you think is’nt crap?.Because as has been said.Unless you get lucky.Your going to have to start somewhere.And not he to fussy to a certain degree.

As above, this is your “apprenticeship” for want of a better word. Do 6 months and then look around. Experience is the key. You’re investing 6-12 months now for longer term prospects.

Is there a turners or downtons around as they are also known for new drivers.

I did 6 months on “low” pay for the above and then left and have got far more options now as firms that were not interested as a new pass are now saying come in and see us.

I’ll just take the fist job I’m offed then, the agency offer £12 an hour for class one so I’ll just keep working with them till they find me something or I find something my self
It’s just a bit frustrating as you spend a pile of money doing the training then can’t find a job,

Bigdazer:
It’s just a bit frustrating as you spend a pile of money doing the training then can’t find a job,

Was that because you believe the lies being told about a so called LGV driver shortage :question:

Yes I did believe the lies,

Bigdazer:
Yes I did believe the lies,

Blame the RHA as they seem to be the ones spouting this rubbish

Well I’ve got an interview today it’s tipper trucks but they have class one trucks to and said he would be happy to swap me over in a few months which sounds good

Got the job and I start Tuesday, will be a mixture of tipper and class 1 work

ROG:

Bigdazer:

Was that because you believe the lies being told about a so called LGV driver shortage :question:

I believed it years ago, and also the wages of £40k+, and ladies stopping me,(Hull party boat excluded)(and Greek ferries in summer),helping stranded girls with flat tyres and being offered payment in kind, good facilities, the love of the great British public, etc etc, it’s all a big load of jackanory, but I still believe.
:smiley:

Bigdazer:

Great news! Hope. You enjoy it and if nothing else, gives you that valuable experience.

Hi Griffin, I used to hunt around for men with flat tyres who would be grateful, I’d jump out the cab , swinging a tyre lever and they’d run away. :neutral_face: Very disappointing.

albion:

Bigdazer:

Great news! Hope. You enjoy it and if nothing else, gives you that valuable experience.

Hi Griffin, I used to hunt around for men with flat tyres who would be grateful, I’d jump out the cab , swinging a tyre lever and they’d run away. :neutral_face: Very disappointing.

The mind Boggles !
But cant have been us truckers you were "hunting" surely? We all carry around a spare tyre or two dont we?
:smiley: