Is driver training tax deductable

Does anybody know if you can claim tax relief as an individual , paying for your own driver training. By driver training I mean cat C, cat CE, CPC and ADR.I would think CPC is in scope as its a requirement to have it. Not sure about upgrading liscences .20% of getting a class 1 is not chump change.

Most training providers show costs with and without VAT so I would suggest as an individual, no probably not, however maybe you have special circumstances.

Ltd company agency driver.

Sister in law manager at KPMG in auditing. Tells me that my training is a company expense so can reduce any potential tax bill.

PAYE wage slaves… No idea.

The initial practical training isn’t tax deductible but training to keep you valid further down the line is.

The periodic cpc is an example

If you are training to drive you can’t really claim tax relief for being a driver can you?

Would you buy a chefs whites when you are a potman?

Iv been told that I can claim tax relief on going from class 2 to class 1, but not on the class 2.Ill bite the bullet and phone the tax man.If you can claim going from class 2 to class 1, surely you can claim going from 7.5 ton to class 2.

gov.uk/tax-relief-for-emplo … scriptions

on this link, the way I read it I can claim up to 2500 pounds. One requirement is that the training is with an approved provider and driving instructors are approved providers.

sammym:
Ltd company agency driver.

Sister in law manager at KPMG in auditing. Tells me that my training is a company expense so can reduce any potential tax bill.

PAYE wage slaves… No idea.

PAYE wage slave here…company paid for my class 2 & 1 training & also the full cost of my initial CPC and all of the ongoing CPC costs,don’t need to worry about tax relief on the cost :laughing: :sunglasses: