BCA Automotive

I have an assessment drive, questionnaire and interview coming up for a class 1 car transporter position.

Anyone been in a similar position recently ? The test is 20 questions around driver regs etc.

The test is fairly standard so long as you know the regs you’ll be fine. They’ll look for any infringements on your card and if there is they’ll send you away as a failed recruit. Also if you’re not exactly skinny you may get sent away as for training when strapping cars down you have to be able to move past the cars within the confines of the trailer for H&S purposes and some if the gaps are tight obviously.

You work for them ?

Not worried about fitness but will probably have a couple of working time infringements but certainly not the driving hours.

Hades3000:
I have an assessment drive, questionnaire and interview coming up for a class 1 car transporter position.

Anyone been in a similar position recently ? The test is 20 questions around driver regs etc.

Friend of mine works for them, absolutely Gucci job if you get through the test and assessment drive…

Good luck!

Hades3000:
You work for them ?

Not worried about fitness but will probably have a couple of working time infringements but certainly not the driving hours.

No but my best mate does. Keeps hassling me to go join him and I’m tempted as I know he’s on a good screw.

But…

Once upon a time in about 2007ish I used to work in the car movement industry and seen it being ripped apart through the financial crisis and I can see that kind of thing happening again due to the whole diesel thing and new car tax rules.

Worked for them for two years, but luckily I’ve been in a better job these last fourteen months.

Brilliant for training, and you can make all your expensive mistakes learning the job without reproach until you’re competent enough to get a better job in the sector.

Being hassled by twenty year olds in the office about working hours etc is the only downside, alongside 15 hour days on auction work doing multi-drop for £120 a day

Judehamish:
Worked for them for two years, but luckily I’ve been in a better job these last fourteen months.

Brilliant for training, and you can make all your expensive mistakes learning the job without reproach until you’re competent enough to get a better job in the sector.

Being hassled by twenty year olds in the office about working hours etc is the only downside, alongside 15 hour days on auction work doing multi-drop for £120 a day

I always thought bca were one of the best to work for?

Do you work for a smaller independent now?

Judehamish:

£6.24 flat rate, £9.36 after eight hours and £91.78 for an undeliverable day after nine hours worked.