Hello, first time poster, first time forum user

I have been driving HGV c for over 5 years now, full time employment with two different companies. I recently passed my c+e in March and also got my adr in December, all classes inc packages and tanks.

End goal for me is to drive in tanks tramping but my main problem at the moment is finding jobs, I’ve always got a job through word of mouth but I don’t really know anyone in the c+e game and struggling to figure out where to go.

Any advice would be helpful I also wouldn’t mind doing angency to get my foot in the door!, but I don’t know which agency’s to try? I’m from the north west Preston area.

jaadshead:
I have been driving HGV c for over 5 years now, full time employment with two different companies. I recently passed my c+e in March and also got my adr in December, all classes inc packages and tanks.

End goal for me is to drive in tanks tramping but my main problem at the moment is finding jobs, I’ve always got a job through word of mouth but I don’t really know anyone in the c+e game and struggling to figure out where to go.

Any advice would be helpful I also wouldn’t mind doing angency to get my foot in the door!, but I don’t know which agency’s to try? I’m from the north west Preston area.

For tankers, you can check Abbey Logistics Group, but I think they carry non-hazardous liquids and bulk powders only.

jaadshead:
I recently passed my c+e in March

Andrey1:

jaadshead:

For tankers, you can check Abbey Logistics Group, but I think they carry non-hazardous liquids and bulk powders only.

If you don’t mind me saying so, that’s a great idea Andrey1 because jaadshead can get used to the tanker game even if it’s non-haz to start with.

For my 2p worth, I’d suggest the gas or home heating oil companies in and around the local area.
The disadvantage with this idea right now is that those guys are approaching their slack season.

That’ll be an ADR job, but it’ll most probably be on Cat C rigids.

As a new(ish) pass, getting a start on C+E ADR tanker work all in one go is probably next to impossible, but… it has been known.

ROG:

jaadshead:
I recently passed my c+e in March

Thanks bud!, I passed with Red rose training, great company for sure. Going from never set foot in an artic to passing with 4 minors in a week was quite a proud moment!.

@Andrey1 Great suggestion bud, as a new pass I completely understand not being able to go straight to adr and to be honest I wasn’t expecting that, If I can get into tramping with non adr I will be over the moon!, at least then I’m getting experience with tanker work. Thanks for the reply!.

@Dieseldave definitely agree it will be near impossible, and to be honest just getting onto c+e work is what I’m looking for, even if I just get the experience under my belt and then move into tankers later on and then later on down the line move into adr.

It’s just the first step through the door and unfortunately for me I’ve always got a job through word of mouth and never had to do cv’s or applying online or ringing agency’s before.

Word of mouth is the best way in my book. Out of 25 staff, all of them came through recommendation.

Good luck with the job search, best advice I can give is knock on a few doors of smaller hauliers that fit your work type, look smart and look like the kind of responsible, polite, relaxed person I’m sure you are. :wink:

We have taken on new passes on ADR in our Herts office (only vans 7.5s in Salford), so its not impossible!

jaadshead:
@Dieseldave definitely agree it will be near impossible, and to be honest just getting onto c+e work is what I’m looking for, even if I just get the experience under my belt and then move into tankers later on and then later on down the line move into adr.

It’s just the first step through the door and unfortunately for me I’ve always got a job through word of mouth and never had to do cv’s or applying online or ringing agency’s before.

It has happened though mate, it’s sometimes just a matter of you being in the right place at the right time.