New HGV driver, who should I be applying to?

Hi guys
I’ve just started my Class 2 training, got the medical on Saturday, fingers crossed!
Obviously I’m a bit nervous about finding my first job once I’ve got my license, and I’ve seen a lot of people suggesting just knocking on doors and sending my CV out to everyone and anyone, which seems like a good idea to me.
So my potentially daft question is, what sort of companies should I be approaching? If I Google ‘logistics’, I get quite a nice long list of companies in my area, same with ‘haulage’, but should I be approaching other types of companies, maybe factories who employ their own drivers?
Any help would be appreciated. I’m based in Scunthorpe by the way, so if anyone has some local knowledge that would be fantastic.
Cheers

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

:slight_smile:
click on this link,

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=152881

…scroll down a bit to my post… :wink:

Deesider:
:slight_smile:
click on this link,

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=152881

…scroll down a bit to my post… :wink:

Oh wow, that’s fantastic, thank you so much

I’m going to hijack my own thread here with another question.
Let’s say there’s a big national company (Tesco, for the sake of example), who has a store right around the corner of my house, but their distribution centre is 100 miles away. Is it worth applying for a job with them? Can my work be based at the local store or branch?

hazbazz:
I’m going to hijack my own thread here with another question.
Let’s say there’s a big national company (Tesco, for the sake of example), who has a store right around the corner of my house, but their distribution centre is 100 miles away. Is it worth applying for a job with them? Can my work be based at the local store or branch?

If the distribution centre is 100 miles away that’s where the distribution work will be run from, your local store may run vans on home delivery but that’s about all.

Sent from my mobile.