Warburtons

Hi all
I have a interview and driving assessment for warburtons on class 2
Any advice welcome :slight_smile:

Crust be yourself. Don’t go in half baked. B-ready for the assesment drive.

Ask how much dough they are paying and when the next rise is due.

Prove yourself capable.

Show them you weren’t born yeasterday.

Flour them with compliments.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

El Deano:

Prove yourself capable.

Was about to call you out for the typo before I got the joke [emoji23]

Roll up to the interview looking smart
Bake a good impression
Soon you’ll be the bread winner

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

El Deano:

Prove yourself capable.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoke to a few warbutons drivers,expect…
Early starts 2am kind of early
To order pick all your bread for the wagon
To load your own wagon
You’ll have upwards of 30 drops a day
Finish late morning/early afternoon
Earn around 23k a year.
Hope this helps

Looking at your username all the above applies to the drivers I’ve spoken to in and around Brum/Wolverhampton area so should be relevant.

As Chris said it’s an early start on the bread but unlike spar/blakemores etc light work, when I was on for poundland bread used to deliver before the shop opens, signed their own notes and left the bread outside the back door.
A poundland in Walsall had to kick the bread stack to get rid of the rather large rats after being left outside too long.
The drivers I spoke to all seemed happy enough with the job go for it.

Hi all thanks for the advice…
Had a phone interview and they are spot on with all details of the job, all the good all the bad and I have to say very impressed so far… 28k basic. overtime if wanted. 43 hours a week over 5 days, … drops from 15 to 35 avarage is around 25… start time is 3/4 am. Finish around 11/12 not an issue for me personally worked nights for over 19 years…
cpc is all done in works time, good bonus in December and have recently developed training for class 1 in house, so far the communication has been great and I can’t fault them, very professional throughout, so will see what happens

Rising in place in the Sunday Times list of 25 best big companies to work for, something the usual logistics parasites won’t be able to emblazon on their vehicles for a while (never).

avfcnat82:
Hi all thanks for the advice…
Had a phone interview and they are spot on with all details of the job, all the good all the bad and I have to say very impressed so far… 28k basic. overtime if wanted. 43 hours a week over 5 days, … drops from 15 to 35 avarage is around 25… start time is 3/4 am. Finish around 11/12 not an issue for me personally worked nights for over 19 years…
cpc is all done in works time, good bonus in December and have recently developed training for class 1 in house, so far the communication has been great and I can’t fault them, very professional throughout, so will see what happens

I have 2 mates who work (not driving) at Warburtons at Severn Beach and they both say what a good company it is and how well they’re treated.

Juddian:
Rising in place in the Sunday Times list of 25 best big companies to work for, something the usual logistics parasites won’t be able to emblazon on their vehicles for a while (never).

Spot on, that’s the impression I get too… yes it’s multi drop ( quite a few!) but it’s full time employment on offer, decent wage for class 2 and many opportunity’s by the sounds of it, and as a newish pass with no experience I will welcome that… and I’m very optimistic as in the job is what you make of it at times… the weather is picking up and perfect timing to learn and progress so fingers crossed all goes well.

avfcnat82:

Juddian:

Spot on, that’s the impression I get too… yes it’s multi drop ( quite a few!) but it’s full time employment on offer, decent wage for class 2 and many opportunity’s by the sounds of it, and as a newish pass with no experience I will welcome that… and I’m very optimistic as in the job is what you make of it at times… the weather is picking up and perfect timing to learn and progress so fingers crossed all goes well.

Although it’s multi drop and a lot of drops you’ll find you will do a lot of drops all within a short distance of each other and with it being trays of bread it’s not as if your mailing anything.
You may see it as getting a foot on the ladder in the driving malarkey and end up staying there for 25 years :smiley: ,it’s a good job to not become the stereotypical driver as it’s very active you’ll probabaly walk almost as far as you drive everyday :laughing:

Sounds like a good number. Nice starting early, the roads will be empty.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

xichrisxi:

avfcnat82:

Juddian:

Although it’s multi drop and a lot of drops you’ll find you will do a lot of drops all within a short distance of each other and with it being trays of bread it’s not as if your mailing anything.
You may see it as getting a foot on the ladder in the driving malarkey and end up staying there for 25 years :smiley: ,it’s a good job to not become the stereotypical driver as it’s very active you’ll probabaly walk almost as far as you drive everyday :laughing:

Completely agree with this, I hear the class one is a good job to with warburtons, so all looks good, thanks guys and I will update you on how things go :slight_smile:

Any info about the Class 1 jobs with them?

Jimmy McNulty:
Any info about the Class 1 jobs with them?

Class one jobs are generally trunking to other depots or delivering into supermarkets.

Been after a class 1 job at wednesbury Warburton’s for a while now

Benskingdom:

Keep waiting for one at Europort Wakefield.

Like rocking horse â– â– â–  vacancies at that place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s the rota like for class 2 I know it’s 5 in 7 but any idea of how it works.also is it 28000 salary on 43 hours ?

Benskingdom:

Could try Allied Bakeries in West Bromwich

Daytrunker:

Benskingdom:

Could try Allied Bakeries in West Bromwich

What’s it like there money wise and working for them ?