Finally taking the plunge

Hi folks,

I haven’t been on here for ages, hope you are all well.

My contract with the local council has now come to an end so last night I was looking at driving jobs near me. Living on an island there isn’t much so I have registered with Driver Hire and will see what happens there. If I can get some class 2 work for a while to see how I settle in that’ll do me. I’ll then look at getting my class 1 done.

Passed my Class 2 in April 2011 and have done a few shifts driving a 7.5 tonner since then.

Will keep you all posted.

So I’ve registered with Driver Hire online a few days ago, does anyone know what happens next? Do they get in touch with me or should I contact them?

blueovalcraig:
So I’ve registered with Driver Hire online a few days ago, does anyone know what happens next? Do they get in touch with me or should I contact them?

I’ve registered with them 2 months ago, never heard back, but I have other full-time job. Better call them from time to time.

Register with other agencies as well. The worst that can happen is you get snowed under with offers of work, and have to politely turn down the less good ones.

Cheers guys :smiley:

blueovalcraig:
My contract with the local council has now come to an end so last night I was looking at driving jobs near me.

Hi Craig,

I was on Bute for a very quick visit to Rothesay last year and I noticed that Mc Kirdy’s has a (or some?) Cat C vehicle(s).

I’ve no idea of their reputation or even whether they need anybody, but maybe worth a call?

Hi Dave,

Yeah, I know John MacKirdy quite well and have built a few model lorries for him. He doesn’t have anything at the moment.

Hopefully will get some shifts with an agency, get back into it again then get my class 1.

Got an interview with DriverHire on Monday

Interview all done. Was told they will be in touch in the next few days

blueovalcraig:
Interview all done. Was told they will be in touch in the next few days

Was told the same when I registered with them. About two hours later they had me booked in for a shift for the following day.

DriverHire agencies are all franchises. And the one in Birmingham is the only agency I’ll use now. The owner is spot on. I hope you experience the same.