Cat C+E Booked with Peter Smyths

Woohoo, booked it today very excited after reading all the positive posts from other happy customers, will keep this post updated on my training and how i get on.

Training starts June, I opted for the Sat Sun Training and Monday test as I have limited holiday available at work.

It says on the paperwork Chris Mc will be my instructor, I also opted for artic.

Thanks again for the April offer Peter,
Looking forward to it.

Mike

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Chris taught me.

Just relax, listen to what he says and enjoy.

Good luck!

Firstly, thanks for the booking. You can be sure that you will have great tuition and maybe even some sunshine!

If there’s anything I can do to help in the meantime, just shout.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Firstly, thanks for the booking. You can be sure that you will have great tuition and maybe even some sunshine!

Hi,

do you have any spots available for mid-late May, for Class 1 training (I have C 2 already so only need C1)?

Also, do you provide initial CPC training courses?

Thanks.

Hi

Artic courses currently available:

Tues 22nd May - test following Tuesday
Wed 23rd May - test following Tuesday
Thurs 24th May - test following Wednesday
Tues 29th May - test following Monday

All courses 1:1 with fully trained, qualified and registered instructors in a full size auto artic. Tests taken at our private test centre. £200 deposit required to secure dates with balance due 14 days prior to training.

Mod 4 is available with test conducted by one of our in house assessors.

Normal cost: £1550 + £250

Current Trucknet offer (deposit to be paid by 27th April): £1291.50 + £225

It will be possible to conduct the Mod 4 training and test during the same period that you carry out your driver training.

Please note that the dates quoted are available at the time of writing but these move on as bookings are received.

To secure dates or enquire further about availability, please call the office 01623 555661.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

Sunshine? What’s that?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Peter Smythe:

Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

Hi Pete, I do have a quick question, I forgot to ask Tracey on the phone about the hours towards CPC , do I need to phone back up and ask about this?

MinkyMike:

Peter Smythe:

Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

Hi Pete, I do have a quick question, I forgot to ask Tracey on the phone about the hours towards CPC , do I need to phone back up and ask about this?

Get em done. I got two days CPC with my class 1 recently. Call office and sort it out. They had my certificates to give to me on the Sunday. So I now only have to do 3 in next 5 years.

Btw - same instructor as you, same course length (sat, sun test mon) etc… You will be fine and I hope you enjoy it. I did it in a full length artic like you. I got the red one rather than the orange one. And it’s spot on. Listed carefully to chris about how to take tight corners, learn acronym BLACK before you turn up (for coupling/uncoupling) and then just concentrate on reversing.

sammym:

MinkyMike:

Peter Smythe:

Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

Get em done. I got two days CPC with my class 1 recently. Call office and sort it out. They had my certificates to give to me on the Sunday. So I now only have to do 3 in next 5 years.

Btw - same instructor as you, same course length (sat, sun test mon) etc… You will be fine and I hope you enjoy it. I did it in a full length artic like you. I got the red one rather than the orange one. And it’s spot on. Listed carefully to chris about how to take tight corners, learn acronym BLACK before you turn up (for coupling/uncoupling) and then just concentrate on reversing.

Ah right hopefully I will get 2 days as well, I get free CPC with my current employer but was one down anyway and missed one this year through illness so it would be great, thanks for the info also I will check it out

Yes. Very important to arrange this asap as there is paperwork to complete in the office and by you during your course. As our office is closed at the weekend, it has to be done in advance. Impossible to backdate so cant leave it until later to sort out.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

Yes. Very important to arrange this asap as there is paperwork to complete in the office and by you during your course. As our office is closed at the weekend, it has to be done in advance. Impossible to backdate so cant leave it until later to sort out.

Hope this helps, Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

Okay no problem, I will phone again to sort this tomorrow, thanks

Mike

Youre in good hands with Chris MC top notch guy good luck [emoji4]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ticktock66:
Youre in good hands with Chris MC top notch guy good luck [emoji4]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ace, good to hear, and Thank you

Chris MC has trained many Trucknet users as he tends to get the residential work on his list. His reputation is brilliant; highly experienced and competent guy.

So, training day 1 is here, woosh, that came around quick, first night at central hotel was great, kettle and a pot noodle, happy days !! Had a quick drive last night just to see where it was, feeling fine at moment just pondering the unknown, keep this post updated. [emoji16]

MinkyMike:
So, training day 1 is here, woosh, that came around quick, first night at central hotel was great, kettle and a pot noodle, happy days !! Had a quick drive last night just to see where it was, feeling fine at moment just pondering the unknown, keep this post updated. [emoji16]

Your half way there to being a trucker.Kettle and pot noodle.Staple diet for most of us.Good luck with your training

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MinkyMike:

Piece of ■■■■ you’ll be fine just take your time & most importantly enjoy it and good luck :")

About 3 minutes walk away is a large and quite nice weatherspoons, it’s also cheap. Think you will have earned a beer and burger tonight.

sammym:
About 3 minutes walk away is a large and quite nice weatherspoons, it’s also cheap. Think you will have earned a beer and burger tonight.

Hehe thanks mate sounds like a plan, going to have a strole around there, as for training I feel it went really well, better then I expected, Chris is a real sound bloke, said just a few things like going a bit slower towards round abouts and approaching junctions. The reverse I managed to do, few more practices and I hope to have nailed it, the couple and uncouple seemed fairly straightforward. See what tomorrow brings.

Pot Noddle you extravagant thing you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: