Jewsons

Hi every one.
As some of you no I’m a new be only been driving 4 mouths I’ve just been for a interview at jewsons. Now got to do a driving assessment any one on here done this. Or worked for jewsons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve worked a few shifts at Jewsons via an agency along with other companies in the Saint Gobain group (Gibbs & Dandy, Minster Insulation).

With Jewsons, a good proportion of deliveries were to private addresses which for a HIAB vehicle can cause a few headaches at times. You HAVE to get into such a position to be able to get close enough to be in range of the crane and have adequate space to be able to extend the legs. This can mean having to block the road and incurring the wrath of those who can’t wait 5/10 minutes or so to get past.

If you’re paid by the hour, there is relatively limited scope for overtime as your hours is broadly determined by Jewson’s opening hours which means roughly 7:30 to 17:00 which is very modest by trucking standards. One would typically go out with say two drops in the morning, come back mid-day and do a second run in the afternoon.

Yep.
Basically delivering a load of building materials and bags of gravel to posh people who live in very tight places for a truck.
all residential deliveries are bad in a truck imo so I’d avoid it that being said you should try it so at least you can say you done it. You might even like it.

Newbie Pete:
Hi every one.
As some of you no I’m a new be only been driving 4 mouths I’ve just been for a interview at jewsons. Now got to do a driving assessment any one on here done this. Or worked for jewsons.

Hi Pete,
Did you get this job? If yes, what is their rate per hour and how do you find job generally? Just looking at their advert at the moment.

Newbie Pete:
Hi every one.

Mrs jbaz only drives one mouth, and that’s enough :imp:

milesahead:

Newbie Pete:
Hi every one.

Hi Pete,
Did you get this job? If yes, what is their rate per hour and how do you find job generally? Just looking at their advert at the moment.

Ok. I’ve seen your post about risk assessment, good luck with it.

jbaz73:

Newbie Pete:
Hi every one.

Mrs jbaz only drives one mouth, and that’s enough :imp:

I’ve not got the job yet. Just been to the interview. So to my understanding I’ll get the job on passing the risk Assessment on Monday. It’s 27k a year witch I don’t think is bad for a newbie. It will give me some experience. Even if I fail the assessment I’ll experience what it’s all about. As you all know to well it’s hard to find a firm to give you a chance due to insurance etc Unless you go on agency.