HGV driving apprenticeships

DRIVING GOODS APPRENTICESHIP SCHEME

Cement Tanker Drivers

Our Driving Good’s Apprentice Training Program is open for the fourth year running.

We are looking for: Committed, Hard working and Enthusiastic individuals who set out to achieve what others only aspire to.

If you’re looking for the right start to a great future, CEMEX UK is the right place for you. We’re one of the country’s leading manufacturers of building products.

Right now we have some of the most exciting offers around for young people who want practical experience while they’re training for an LGV Driving career.

Our 12-month Apprenticeship Program is designed to give you all the skills you’ll need to succeed.

From day one you will learn what CEMEX and Logistics is all about, you will gain hands-on experience of driving an LGV vehicle, develop skills and extend your knowledge of health & safety and customer service, as well as gain a nationally recognised qualification in Driving Goods Vehicles and a category C+E licence to drive a Cement Tanker.

This all makes time spent with CEMEX, time well spent.

What CEMEX asks of you:

• To hold a category B car driving licence, clean of penalty points

• To have a good level of Math’s & English, preferably GCSE level A-C

• Be proficient in information technology

• To understand the importance of work placed Health & Safety and Customer Service

What you can expect in return:

We make sure our Apprentices receive:-

• Comprehensive training throughout the program

• A benefits package that’s second to none; a starting salary of

• £14,500 per year, 23 days holiday and pension scheme

• Real commitment of full time LGV Driving job within our Logistics team at the end of the program

Academic achievement isn’t all were looking for – your maturity, dedication and attitude are also important.

It’s certainly a challenge, but if you’re ready to learn and can prove to us that you can work as effectively within a team as you can on your own, you’re probably well on the way to an exciting opportunity with us.

To find out more, please go to adam.mccabe@system-training.com

Closing date for applicants is Thursday 19th April 2018.

Nice find :smiley:

Join up for a year, at 14.5k and they pay for your C+E ?
Am I missing something?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

The company see this as a way to introduce younger lads to truck driving, as we all know the current average age of HGV drivers in the UK is something like 54 and rising.

The 6 lads in the that joined the scheme last year in the cement operation are all set to be offered a full time post when they ‘Graduate’ in about 4 weeks time (on the same salary as the rest of us).

The scheme also operates in the Aggregates section as well at various locations around the country.

14.5k per year for a 18 to 20 year old is about 2k over the minimum wage for that age group plus they are getting a vocational licence with extra on job training = seems a good deal to me unless I am missing something :question:

I was making the mistake of thinking of it as way to get a licence as an already employed adult.
Some one who has worked at a plant, “knows the ropes” around the safety and loading etc will only have driving the truck to worry about later on.
Does sound a good way to go.

ROG:
14.5k per year for a 18 to 20 year old is about 2k over the minimum wage for that age group plus they are getting a vocational licence with extra on job training = seems a good deal to me unless I am missing something :question:

You havn’t missed anything, the scheme is pretty much how you see it.

A little bit more information on this, this week 18 new apprentice drivers started, on a 12 month program, with an age range from late teens to mid 30’s