Class C provisional application form

Hi. I’m sorry if my question seems blindingly obvious but due to an oversight on my part I’m heading for a medical tomorrow so I can apply for a provisional license in order to get my Cat C. I have done 2 days of theory training at the Peter Smythe centre. Is it correct that I need to tick provisional Cat C application box on the form that I’ve been given? I intend to go for my C + E in due course but if I’ve understood it correctly I don’t do that until I’ve got my initial classification. I hate to doubt my myself but I figure you guys know more than me. I’ve filled out the form but have not checked that one box. Many thanks.(Please don’t judge, I’m relatively intelligent but know when to seek advice).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danbabirecki:
Hi. I’m sorry if my question seems blindingly obvious but due to an oversight on my part I’m heading for a medical tomorrow so I can apply for a provisional license in order to get my Cat C. I have done 2 days of theory training at the Peter Smythe centre. Is it correct that I need to tick provisional Cat C application box on the form that I’ve been given? I intend to go for my C + E in due course but if I’ve understood it correctly I don’t do that until I’ve got my initial classification. I hate to doubt my myself but I figure you guys know more than me. I’ve filled out the form but have not checked that one box. Many thanks.(Please don’t judge, I’m relatively intelligent but know when to seek advice).

You are correct, you only gain provisional entitlement for C+E once you’ve gotten your C so no need to worry about C+E entitlement until you’ve (hopefully) passed your cat C, good luck with your training :slight_smile:

Reef:

danbabirecki:

You are correct, you only gain provisional entitlement for C+E once you’ve gotten your C so no need to worry about C+E entitlement until you’ve (hopefully) passed your cat C, good luck with your training :slight_smile:

Thank you. I was hoping to start training at the start of the year but due to fall and a couple of other related sleep walking related incidents I’ve had to hang fire. Broken ribs is quite debilitating it turns out. At least in a truck I can be hemmed in. Glass half full is how I view it. I appreciate your help. Hope I can return the favour,

Tick both C & D as that will cover you for all LGV & PCV categories - no extra cost for doing that

Tick both C & D as that will cover you for all LGV & PCV categories - no extra cost for doing that

That really is sound advice.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

Which would never have occurred to me to do because I’d rather rodeo naked on a cheese grater than transport passengers (well, dead ones would be ok at a push but certainly not live ones). :imp:

Peter Smythe:

Yup, I know that pain myself. Even if you never plan to do it, tick it anyway. I never did but now I plan on doing D training, I have had to go through the process of medical and provisional myself.

If only I had just ticked the ■■■■ box, oh well.