Looking for weekend agency work

Hi guys,

I passed my class 2 a few month back and luckily got a job as a spare driver at my mates place driving the 7.5t van & ocassionally the 7.5t & 18t trucks delivering fruit & veg. The hrs are decent start at 5am finish at 1pm, I have been here 6wks now.

I would love some weekend work for the extra income & experience, I live in Milnrow / Rochdale.

Does any know any agency’s around my area that could help us out? I would be willing too travel if that helps.

Many Thanks

Deano

Remember that you will need to take your weekly rests

I was wondering if any companies take on weekend drivers. The responses will be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROG:
Remember that you will need to take your weekly rests

I know pal but 60%-70% of the time I am driving the van which has no tacho in and therefore it leaves me with plenty of driving time left to get an extra day or 2 in at weekends if there is extra work out there.

Also does anyone know any company’s taking on around my area or thereabouts. It’s currently taking us 40mins too get to the yard in the morning and nearly an hr to get home on way back with the traffic :confused:

Thanks

The point ROG is making is that any none HGV work you do counts as other work for the EU regulations, so you will need to ensure you get your daily/weekly rest periods in.

Sent from my mobile.

Van work or office work or flipping burgers is all work so cannot count as rest for the EU regs

You have done your dcpc right? Having just past class 2 and working for your mates small firm in 7.5t it sounds very much like drivers hours/working time regulations may be absent in this scene.

I’m not meaning to suggest you don’t know about them or that your mates firm is dodgy but it sure reads like that’s a possibility.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

kscoombs:
You have done your dcpc right? Having just past class 2 and working for your mates small firm in 7.5t it sounds very much like drivers hours/working time regulations may be absent in this scene.

I’m not meaning to suggest you don’t know about them or that your mates firm is dodgy but it sure reads like that’s a possibility.

Many do initial or periodic dcpc with hardly touching the regs - it is not compulsory to do so - that is the daft industry rules

Good point ROG I forgot about that. I personally opted to do it, it should really be compulsory in my opinion.

Bidvest are in that part of the world, Challenge Group were the agency I dealt with for them and that was for weekend work. Although that agency, in my experience, are ■■■■■■■ shysters and there are plenty of others doing bidvest.

Go on indeed and search and then phone the agencies.