S&K Haulage

Anyone working for S&K haulage or have past experience with them? How is the work/pay with them, do they accept newly passed drivers, especially for Euro driving? In their website they have 3 types of positions available; uk tramping (3/4 nights out), benelux (4/5 nights) and Euro tramping (2/3 weeks away), ideally 2 years experience. Worth a try?

There’s been a fair few topics concerning S&K over the years but this one seems to be the most recent… viewtopic.php?f=2&t=152919

Check those threads as suggested. I think that Andrejs who was asking on one of them did go on for S&K so maybe try a PM to him?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Andrey1:
Anyone working for S&K haulage or have past experience with them? How is the work/pay with them, do they accept newly passed drivers, especially for Euro driving? In their website they have 3 types of positions available; uk tramping (3/4 nights out), benelux (4/5 nights) and Euro tramping (2/3 weeks away), ideally 2 years experience. Worth a try?

From what I’ve read over the years on TNUK the pay is average as is the kit you drive but you’re not pushed and it’s all reasonably easy stuff, if I was in your position I’d go for it .

bald bloke:

Andrey1:

From what I’ve read over the years on TNUK the pay is average as is the kit you drive but you’re not pushed and it’s all reasonably easy stuff, if I was in your position I’d go for it .

Received a reply from s&k ; Hi Andrey thank you for the e-mail regarding our vacancy. However as you have no commercial driving experience we would not consider you for European work in your position we would look at you starting on local work and see how you get on. If everything went ok we would consider using you on the UK only after we were satisfied would we let you try European

As I live too far for UK only from their base in South Wales, I would suggest this company to other newly passed drivers in around South Wales to get a start with. And for Euro work, need to wait and build up some experience first.

That sounds about right, when I (briefly) started on for them years ago it was the same deal, start out on UK work and then after a few months of proving yourself do runs to Belgium following another more experienced driver and then once settled into that being given the choice of further afield (if available)

Reef:
That sounds about right, when I (briefly) started on for them years ago it was the same deal, start out on UK work and then after a few months of proving yourself do runs to Belgium following another more experienced driver and then once settled into that being given the choice of further afield (if available)

I will try my chance after a year again, and first gain my experience with a locally based company. S&k seems okay to take drivers without Euro experience but require to have enough hgv driving experience first.

Andrey1:

Reef:

I will try my chance after a year again, and first gain my experience with a locally based company. S&k seems okay to take drivers without Euro experience but require to have enough hgv driving experience first.

Where are you based ?

bald bloke:

Andrey1:

Reef:

Where are you based ?

Manchester area.

Andrey1:

As I live too far for UK only from their base in South Wales, I would suggest this company to other newly passed drivers in around South Wales to get a start with. And for Euro work, need to wait and build up some experience first.

Right decision made there, cut your teeth away from the job you want, odds are you are bound to drop a ball or two some where. That’s not a criticism, you’d not be the first to have a bump, get lost, forget paper work or make a hash of your hours.

My advise would be if you want to speed the job up get a day job on multi drop, in and out of all kinds of places will get you to grips with the finer point of manouvering and navigating in no time. Once your sick of that but able drive well, get your self a UK tramping job to see if you actually enjoy, you know, tramping. Some love it, others dont. It will be easier in a country you can speak and read the language though!

A year or so will be past faster than you think, and at least then your only a euro newbie.

Or move to Barry and take them up on their offer

I was working for them.Truck not new but in good condition.Near all truck without fridge.Most job UK-Belgium-UK.But if you agree stay in truck more than one week that can be Italy,Spain,Germany.In one trailer can be one delivery or up to 3-5 .Nobody push,plenty time.Wages???One years ago was 400 basic pay plus magic bonus up to 200 per week ,20 UK night out and 33 weekend EU night out.If work Saturday that extra some 100 pound(just 8 hours).Average if stay in truck Monday -Friday that can earn about 550 after tax.If stay from Monday till Friday next week that can earn about 1200-1300 per two week.May be now better money.All planners,boss@son good people.

I think it’s fair to say S&K have got a better reputation nowadays.

Admittedly not the best money but remember two things - Welsh wages and the job ain’t push push push.

Honestly - if I left where I’m at and wanted to go back to Mon to Fri/Sat, I might as well spend my week going to Benelux.

Andrejs:
I was working for them.Truck not new but in good condition.Near all truck without fridge.Most job UK-Belgium-UK.But if you agree stay in truck more than one week that can be Italy,Spain,Germany.In one trailer can be one delivery or up to 3-5 .Nobody push,plenty time.Wages???One years ago was 400 basic pay plus magic bonus up to 200 per week ,20 UK night out and 33 weekend EU night out.If work Saturday that extra some 100 pound(just 8 hours).Average if stay in truck Monday -Friday that can earn about 550 after tax.If stay from Monday till Friday next week that can earn about 1200-1300 per two week.May be now better money.All planners,boss@son good people.

Thank you for the info. As they require experience gain in uk before head to European, I will give a year or so, and re apply them.

Andrey1:

Andrejs:

Thank you for the info. As they require experience gain in uk before head to European, I will give a year or so, and re apply them.

I think they same most UK company.In one day they want drivers with years experience,another day they taked people who was refused one month ago.And of course depend from Romanian job market .