Got the job

After lots off interviews i had a call today offering me a full time job i was beggining to think nobody would take a new pass, hours are good 4am start 2 pm finnish, 1 saturday every 4 weeks unless you want more, now to hand my notice in at my current job.

Im looking forward to my new career, and to all you new passes dont give up, and thankyou to everyone thats gave me advise along the way.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Milk or bread?

xichrisxi:
Milk or bread?

Its a recycling centre, biffa bins ect.

Well done on the job like you said just have to keep pushing and trying,are you doing days or nights on the bins?.
Lad at the old place went to biffa on the bins on nights jacked it after 2 weeks got hacked off with taking ages unlocking places and not having the right keys and codes.

Well done. It’s a start. And it’ll certainly get you some practice manoeuvring. Best of luck.

Daytrunker:
Well done on the job like you said just have to keep pushing and trying,are you doing days or nights on the bins?.
Lad at the old place went to biffa on the bins on nights jacked it after 2 weeks got hacked off with taking ages unlocking places and not having the right keys and codes.

OP did say 4am Start 2Pm finish so that days in my reckoning :unamused:

Well done, it’ll give you plenty of experience. :smiley:

nick2008:

Daytrunker:

OP did say 4am Start 2Pm finish so that days in my reckoning :unamused:

Note to self read post properly :blush: lol

How many interviews did you have? I’m doing a Hgv course this year and wondered how hard it might be to get Work once passed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrismollard:
How many interviews did you have? I’m doing a Hgv course this year and wondered how hard it might be to get Work once passed?

Depends where you live,jobs for new passes are out there as the OP has found.

Well done on getting your job. It just shows that there are jobs out there for new passes, I passed my Class C at the end of 2017 after 15 years in the NHS. My 1st came after the Christmas rush in January doing home delivery with a company subbing for IKEA. It was ok but just not for me. Then I got in with a company delivering ice cream and frozen foods to convenience stores all over Scotland. I was taken on as a 7.5t driver but was always out in the sprinter van chasing my arse basically. Now I work out of the Fruit market on a 3am start which is a killer but easy work delivering local and I have been given a 2018 MAN TGL with less than 1000 km on the clock. I have now booked my C&E for next month. Use all time in the seat as experience and you will make mistakes but try to learn from it. Don’t be rushed by anyone and if your not sure get out and look.
Cheers Paul

NPABU:
Well done on getting your job. It just shows that there are jobs out there for new passes, I passed my Class C at the end of 2017 after 15 years in the NHS. My 1st came after the Christmas rush in January doing home delivery with a company subbing for IKEA. It was ok but just not for me. Then I got in with a company delivering ice cream and frozen foods to convenience stores all over Scotland. I was taken on as a 7.5t driver but was always out in the sprinter van chasing my arse basically. Now I work out of the Fruit market on a 3am start which is a killer but easy work delivering local and I have been given a 2018 MAN TGL with less than 1000 km on the clock. I have now booked my C&E for next month. Use all time in the seat as experience and you will make mistakes but try to learn from it. Don’t be rushed by anyone and if your not sure get out and look.
Cheers Paul

Congrats on the job going well Paul. Commiserations on the MAN :laughing:

Good luck with the C+E

Cheers Jimmy, It’s alright and helping to pay the bills lol Doing this full time isn’t for me, I will be going to my bed before the kids and it isn’t even dark yet, that’s why I need to get my C&E ASAP
Cheers Paul

chrismollard:

Ive had 3 now and been offered 2 of them as stated in other posts, smart casual take hi vis and work boots, and be honest.

It was getting the interviews that was the hard part as soon as most companys are aware your a new pass they close the book, but keep applying as i said and dont give up.