Weekend ADR course

Good evening!

Does anyone know of a course supplier in the East London/Essex area that does ADR courses over the course of several weekends? I want to do the ADR but I want to try to avoid using up too much of my holiday entitlement.

Cheers

Huff:
Good evening!

Does anyone know of a course supplier in the East London/Essex area that does ADR courses over the course of several weekends? I want to do the ADR but I want to try to avoid using up too much of my holiday entitlement.

Cheers

Hi Huff,

It’s quite possible to do a standard (Core, Packs and seven Classes) ADR course that’s split over two weekends, but fewer and fewer providers seem to be offering it these days.
BTW, if you wanted the tanker module, that would eat into a third weekend I’m afraid.

I have a master list of ADR providers, so I can give you contact details for providers in your chosen area, but the list doesn’t give their opening times, or whether they offer weekend ADR courses, so a phone call or email enquiry will be needed.

I’d suggest that you have a think about whether you want any DCPC hours, because although DCPC can come with an ADR course, it’s not automatic.

If you’d like relevant ADR provider contact info, please post up a rough idea of whereabouts you are, plus an indication of how far you’re prepared to travel to a training centre (one way,) which will save both of us some time.

Then, if mileage/fuel costs are an issue, you’d have to bear in mind that you’ll need four round trips for a standard ADR course, and six or even eight for including the tanker module, depending on how the provider timetables it.

I hope this helps. :smiley:

Thanks for the reply DD,

I am in Basildon, I don’t really driving up to an hour away if required.

Cheers

H

Try sigma studies just of the a13 same site as the bp petrol garages before the Stanford le hope turnoff or their if newcroft training in Leigh on sea or Robinson training in purfleet or roadtrain in west thurrock any of them 4 might be able to help

Huff:
Thanks for the reply DD,

I am in Basildon, I don’t really driving up to an hour away if required.

Cheers

H

Hi Huff,

Here are a few approved ADR course providers for you, only in alphabetical order as they appear in my master list

David Watson Transport Limited
Earls Colne Business Park
Earls Colne
COLCHESTER
Essex
C06 2NS
Tel: 01787221044/0178722
Email: training@davidwatsontransport.co.uk

Don Hunter Training Services
180 Chelsworth Road
FELIXSTOWE
IP11 2UJ
Tel: 07500 899 651
Email: training@grouphunter.biz

DSV Road Ltd
West Dock Road
Parkeston Quay
Essex
CO12 4SL
Tel: 01255 242242
Email: stephen.smith@uk.dsv.com

Novadata TAB Ltd
3 Blackwell Drive
Springfield Industrial Estate
Braintree
CM7 2QJ
Tel: 01376 552999
Email: su@novadata.co.uk

Procom Driver Training
32 Lake Gardens
Dagenham Essex
RM10 8NU
Tel: 0208 592 3453
Email: tam@procomdrivertraining.com

Robinson Training Services Ltd
Purfleet Truck Wash
Beacon Hill Industrial Estate
Botany Way
Purleet
Essex
RM19 1SR:
Tel: 01708 868038
Email: robinsontrainingservices@msn.com

Sigma Studies ADR Training
Sigma House
A13 Eastbound, Orsett
Grays
RM16 3AY
Tel: 01375 671111
Email: info@sigmastudies.co.uk

Wright Training Services Ltd
Site 2 Burnley Road
West Thurrock
Essex
RM20 3EG
Tel: 01708 867564
Email: info@wright-training.com

As I said, … I’ve no idea whether any of them offer weekend courses, so you’d need to contact them to enquire.

I’ve kept you north of the river, so I hope this helps. :smiley:

trucker10:
Try sigma studies just of the a13 same site as the bp petrol garages before the Stanford le hope turnoff or their if newcroft training in Leigh on sea or Robinson training in purfleet or roadtrain in west thurrock any of them 4 might be able to help

Hi trucker10,

Sigma and Robinson’s are both on the list.

Newcroft and Roadtrain are not on the list, but there’s nothing sinister in that because it could mean that they have an approved provider to come to their premises to conduct the course. This is perfectly OK if it’s done according to the rules.

Having just looked at their websites, Roadtrain does not appear to offer ADR, whereas Newcroft’s site suggests that they do offer ADR.

My advice to anybody is that it’s probably best to book directly with a provider whose name appears on the list because that usually works out cheaper.

Caveat emptor!!

Roadtrain don’t operate cpc or ADR. But they rent out a room to Wright Training who do both. Hope that helps a bit.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Did mine at Sigma, they dont do weekends, did core and packages over 3.5 days, got 21 hours cpc for that, cost another £100 or so, then went back 6 months later and did tanks in 1.5 days, total cost was about £550…

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk