Offer

Well, bugger me!

I’ve just had a phone call off my old boss, they REALLY want me to take my old job back. Even to the point of offering me an extra 2 quid an hour. The offer is just a little too good to turn down, the work is easy although it’s getting busier there. I like the fact that you’re just left to get on with it, none of the micro management ■■■■. So, it looks like I’m going to be a shunter again :slight_smile:

Well done!

For an extra £2 an hour I don’t blame you

Being left alone is worth it’s weight in gold! Well done.

albion:
Being left alone is worth it’s weight in gold! Well done.

You’re not wrong about that! Me and the other shunter know the job well and we work well as a team. We take a break every hour for a ■■■, have an hours lunch (or supper, it is night shift after all) and have half an hours coffee break, time permitting. It’s an 8hr shift but it flys! The only problem was that there is no overtime to earn extra, but with the pay rise I’ve just got I don’t need it. Happy days!

That’s good news. You obviously left a very good impression with them. Or they’re that desperate [emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Assuming a 60 hour week you are getting an extra £120 a week. So around a £6k pay rise.

Get yourself back there.

Congratulations.

sammym:
Assuming a 60 hour week you are getting an extra £120 a week. So around a £6k pay rise.

Get yourself back there.

Congratulations.

Your man’s only doing an 8 hour shift every night. Impossible for him to a 60 hour week.

It’s a 40hr week. The shunter that replaced me was apparently a disaster. I had got such a good dynamic with the guy I was working with, everything got done and without rushing it got done quickly. My only woe with the job was lack of overtime when I needed the money and what I got was a fairly significant raise, I guess I caught them at the right time :slight_smile:

jbaz73:
It’s a 40hr week. The shunter that replaced me was apparently a disaster. I had got such a good dynamic with the guy I was working with, everything got done and without rushing it got done quickly. My only woe with the job was lack of overtime when I needed the money and what I got was a fairly significant raise, I guess I caught them at the right time :slight_smile:

£80 a week is still £4k a year. Which pays for a pretty incredible holiday mate :slight_smile:

And this time they might even be more flexible with extra overtime realising they had to go back asking last time.

sammym:

jbaz73:

£80 a week is still £4k a year. Which pays for a pretty incredible holiday mate :slight_smile:

And this time they might even be more flexible with extra overtime realising they had to go back asking last time.

I’m now on 16.42 per hour… for shunting! I’m happy now, I got what I wanted. Happy days, I don’t care if there’s no overtime

jbaz73:

sammym:

jbaz73:

I’m now on 16.42 per hour… for shunting! I’m happy now, I got what I wanted. Happy days, I don’t care if there’s no overtime

Where do I sign up? :grimacing:

Was just going to say before you said the above that £80 a week is like a days overtime every week anyway now. Well done and fair play.