How long it takes?

Hi all,

I have passed my class 1 and cpc last week on Thursday, and I sent my class 1 pass certificate, application form, and licence to dvla plus tacho application on the same day by Royal Mail first signed for. Due to long holiday, suppose to arrive yesterday(Tuesday) as it’s the next working day delivery. On Royal Mail website still shown it’s in local post office and no update or signature. Shall I wait longer or post man didn’t get signature at delivery so can’t get an update. Or better call dvla to check if they have received ? Also, how long does it usually takes to receive tacho, cpc, and driving card back from dvla?

Howdy how!
It can take a little while for all the systems to update.
Just keep checking the Royal Mail website with the reference you got from the post office.
The reality of the post office is that on public holidays mail can get stuck somewhere. I’d leave it a few more days before you start calling around.

As for DVLA turnaround, it depends on how busy they are, I would imagine. I passed back end of November and my licence was back within 10 days. My tacho was turned around quite quick, too. About seven days (give or take a day or so). The CPC card was longer, took two weeks.

ChaosFleabag:
Howdy how!
It can take a little while for all the systems to update.
Just keep checking the Royal Mail website with the reference you got from the post office.
The reality of the post office is that on public holidays mail can get stuck somewhere. I’d leave it a few more days before you start calling around.

As for DVLA turnaround, it depends on how busy they are, I would imagine. I passed back end of November and my licence was back within 10 days. My tacho was turned around quite quick, too. About seven days (give or take a day or so). The CPC card was longer, took two weeks.

Thank you for the reply. On rm website tracking , there Is a question mark next to signed for sign, and written 1-3 days, so I’ll wait few more days. As I sent on Thursday around 3.15 pm, they may not processed it, and waited Tuesday to post. I only hope didn’t get lost. :unamused: