Ideas wanted!

April marks the 10 year anniversary of us opening the very first private driving test centre in the UK. Would be good to mark this with a special deal for Trucknet users.

Open to suggestions, via this thread. Happy to be generous but let’s not take the mick!

Fire away!!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Il be watching carefully, I dont have any ideas but am in the market for my licence.
I am about 50% saved up and planning on using your company as i like the fact that you have a onsite examiner and the offer of accommodation.

As this refers to the test centre then how about free test fees :bulb: :question:

Having just completed my cat C with you and knowing what a struggle it is to find the money for a retest,I think free retest would be great.
But keep it open long enough for me to save for my +E :wink:

Could you do both Pete? Say for people booking during April they’ll get a free test and one free retest should they need it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I could probably benefit from a free test, to see how many bad habits I’ve acquired. Of course providing my current licence couldn’t be revoked!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:
I could probably benefit from a free test, to see how many bad habits I’ve acquired. Of course providing my current licence couldn’t be revoked!

I think you mean a free assessment :question:

ROG:

Franglais:

I think you mean a free assessment :question:

Yep, guess so.
I wonder if my ego could stand the criticism? Maybe I should go and apply for a job and see if I get invited for an assessment?
If I pass I’ll tell you.
If I fail I’ll deny ever doing it.
Bit like a pharma drugs trial, or testing a fuel economy device.

Pete.
As random ideas goes here’s 1,Being as you have been training for 10 years and must be well known with all the local firms by you who take new passes,in between assesment drive and taking thier training could arrange interviews for potential new passes.
I know its extra work but if pupils could possibly have a job interview aswell as training might be worth more training (yes I know only so many jobs against candidates booking).

Or shall I go and get another beer out the fridge :blush:

Being as you have been training for 10 years

Small correction here. Been training over 40 years! But private test centre opened 10 years ago.

Enjoy the beer!

Pete :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Daytrucker has a good point even to get them an assessment drive with a local company that takes on new passes I’m sure would go along way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

10 x free test fees during the month or 10 x Cpc or mod course as a prize draw for people booking in April maybe?

Double the discount offer so instead of 10% for one month only 20% off.

10 free cupcakes with every booking lol

10 hours of refresher training up for grabs in a prize draw.

Free truck sat nav for every booker that book first come first served until all 10 are won. (cheap and cheerful ones on ebay aren’t that bad. Or go the whole hog and try a deal with tom Tom or Garmin, snooper or aguri. Mine was 60 or 70 odd quid and much better than the really cheap ones. Much brighter screen, quite responsive touch screen, never routed me to any bridges or bad roads and pretty reliable.

10 item prize draw for all bookings in April. Top prize all singing all dancing truck nav, then prizes 2 to 10 of lower values. But all truck related as useful every day item new drivers have to buy.

1. Tom Tom/snooper/Garmin or aguri sat nav.
  2. Cool box
  3. Inverter
  4. Tablet or TV for truck.
  5. Measuring stick
  6. Tacho card organiser and pen kit
  7. Drivers bag
  8. Sleeping bag
  9. Camping stove
  10. 2 pairs of leather fleece lined gloves.

Just a quick list idea of the tip of my head without working out prices of items to have them in the correct order necessarily.

Just all random ideas. No idea how much you want to spend though as whatever you spend will eat into some profit somewhere.
Whether that be in some form of discount offer or prize draw prizes etc.

Ten Upgrades!
It might be problematic to upgrade results at the test centre though? [emoji15]
For those passing in a W&D give ten a free dsy or half day in an artic?
For those passing in a rigid a run in a bendy?
Edit. For those passing in an automatic a run in a manual

Peter has now chosen the idea here = viewtopic.php?f=5&t=154107 so I have locked this thread