I just can't do it. Respect to you who can

Ok. I got some stick on here last year for asking if there was a way into the trade without having to write a novel about your past life which is what an agency expected me to do. I walked out. Anyway, last week I started applying again on indeed. I went for a driving assessmentlast Tuesday and then an induction at Keedwells on Monday which I thought might last a couple of hours tops. Try 8 hours. I took the job because I secured it without having to do any paperwork and guess what… Loads of flippin stuff to sign. I wouldn’t have applied if I knew this was involved. Loads of respect to all you drivers who can keep your eyes on drivers hours and fill in time sheets and stuff, I don’t know how you do it. Then they handed out these cards saying we had to all take concrete blocks to Scotland… SCOTLAND FFS FROM HIGHBRIDGE… The final straw was the strapping. The trainer took me outside and showed me how to strap a load and all the time I was doing it I was thinking "they will expect me to do this when it’s raining. Like I said, loads of respect to you guys that do it, I personally feel that the wages would have to double to make it worth the stress and hard work. I still wouldn’t do it mind, but you guys would at least get the money you deserve.

So whos alt account is this?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

For most the job consists of holding a steering wheel straight and sitting on your back side for 80-90% of the day…it’s really not a difficult job :laughing:

And the thing that kept bumping in to you was reality if it was true at all [emoji6]
You’re a troll [emoji83]not a man

1 out of 10…poor effort even with the threat of the big stick for trolling scenario thats ongoing.
note to o/p self…must try harder next time,though there will be plenty that it goes…woooosh right over their heads… :unamused:

Seriously. Respect to you guys. I can’t do it. I have nothing to hide, apart from my C/O Address. Here, this is me…

20180328_111118.jpg

xichrisxi:
For most the job consists of holding a steering wheel straight and sitting on your back side for 80-90% of the day…it’s really not a difficult job :laughing:

:laughing:

You’re at crap firm doing crap work. Of course you don’t like it.

I didn’t do it. I walked away. Only wish I hadn’t gone to the induction, that was a whole day that I will never get back. The driving assessment was good though, and Chris Drake who took me on it seems like a really nice bloke. I actually love driving a wagon. Just don’t think I could do it as a job. Respect to all who can.

Dude, I remember you, I remember the stick you got and I remember the flounce. Have you thought about containers? Might be a better fit for you.

If I rocked up for a day shift in Highbridge and was expected to run up to Scotland I’d be walking out as well. You are looking at a solid day’s work driving legally to just get there. And then another solid day back. All depends on where in Scotland - but even the most Southern part is well outside a 9/10 hour driving run.

I know plenty of people who would not put up with standing in the rain strapping a load. But none of them would be stupid enough to train to be a truck driver. I don’t mind getting wet and dirty - in fact I quite enjoy it.

jbaz73:
Dude, I remember you, I remember the stick you got and I remember the flounce. Have you thought about containers? Might be a better fit for you.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
burger king or kfc think abut them if your post is serious.
driving is deffo not for you.
unless…agency work.

TaxiVader:
SCOTLAND FFS FROM HIGHBRIDGE…

Cream

dieseldog999:

jbaz73:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
burger king or kfc think abut them if your post is serious.
driving is deffo not for you.
unless…agency work.

Trouble is, the novelty hasn’t worn of driving a Taxi yet and I’ve been doing it since Jan 1994. I work with loads of ex lorry drivers and all but one said don’t do it but hey. It’s only money. I did enjoy doing my lessons mind, at Phil Browns in Droitwich.

Let me get this straight? … you want a job, where you don’t fill out an application form?

You want a lorry drivers job? That doesn’t involve working outside? That doesn’t involve much driving? And where you don’t have to secure your load?

Sorry dude, normally I can help people, but this one has got me totally stumped!

I wish you all the luck in the world.

jbaz73:
Let me get this straight? … you want a job, where you don’t fill out an application form?

You want a lorry drivers job? That doesn’t involve working outside? That doesn’t involve much driving? And where you don’t have to secure your load?

Sorry dude, normally I can help people, but this one has got me totally stumped!

I wish you all the luck in the world.

They also expected him to drive somewhere I mean ffs what ever happened to workers rights :laughing:

How about working at a local auction? You’re not outside much, you just drive the vehicles into auction and out again.

I really can’t think of anything else that fits.

commonrail:

TaxiVader:

Cream

Great run that simple a to b ffs.You would get further in to Scotland than you think.

jbaz73:
How about working at a local auction? You’re not outside much, you just drive the vehicles into auction and out again.

I really can’t think of anything else that fits.

Driving instructor once he’s had his heavy goods for long enough :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Never more than 20 miles from base. Usually, only short demonstration drives. Not too much paperwork if he has people in an office to do that for him. And no loading to do.

Might have to put diesel and adblu in the wagon so it may be a no go though.

Colin_scottish:

commonrail:

TaxiVader:

Cream

Great run that simple a to b ffs.You would get further in to Scotland than you think.

Given a choice o a run to Scotland from Southampton or 3 day runs in to London and back to Southampton every day , I know what I would be doing [emoji6]
A34 M40 M6 A74m M 74 and back [emoji16]