Maritime help

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience of work I g for Maritime? I have an assessment with them on Thursday based out of Trafford park. Heard lots of the usual rumblings but it’s all third hand info so just wondering if anyone has/does work for them

Andy

Best is go along and make your own decisions,

Count to ten as the nay sayers,and negative will be along to tell you,it’s crap, they all want 75 hours a week etc etc,

Make your own decisions.

As above…I’ve seen time served drivers come to our place and do one or two days then walk saying it’s too much hard work,I’ve been doing it for 13 years and don’t thing it’s that much of a slog tbh.
Make your own decisions,but give it a try first!

I’ve got an assessment with them at bardon on Thursday, must be something in the water with them. All I need to know is that it’s 4 on 4 off. Your work days are all bed and work even if they are only 12 hr shifts. I don’t care if it’s 4 15’s. Focus on the 4 off, it’s very rare in this game.

That’s what is interesting me - the four on four off. Currently working 5 on 2 off nights. If they are offering 4 on 4 off days then it’s a no brainer for me even if t means being away a couple of nights at least I know I’m home for four. I did hear they had won a new contract and were recruiting 200 drivers but could just be the usual gossip.

How did it go?

Is this for the “Professional Driver Scheme” or just a normal application?

I’ve applied for 4-on-4-off day shifts, but haven’t heard anything back yet. I dealt with them in my last job, and drivers have good and bad things to say. Decent kit, and more time is spent waiting around than driving. Pay meant to be slightly better than the other big firms, and one driver commented their holiday pay was really good. Downsides are that it’s run by pestering teenage planners who have no concept of speed, distance and time. That’s all I know.

Run by spotty little oiks? Aren’t they all?

I was offered the job but turned it down. I want nights, they offered days. The driver cams they have installed is a problem to me too, when I fancy a ■■■ I don’t want to have to pull over. They are a little too micro managed for me, I’ll stop where I am.