Night Hours?

Hi folks I’m looking for some information, I am starting a new job next week on Class C and the start time will be 3am :cry: it’s not ideal but it’s time on my tacho and money in the bank lol
With a starting time of 3am is this classed as night shift and are the hours supposed to be shortened? I was looking for an answer but couldn’t find any on the inter web :blush: this may not sound right but looking to get an idea
Cheers in advance
Paul

NPABU:
Hi folks I’m looking for some information, I am starting a new job next week on Class C and the start time will be 3am :cry: it’s not ideal but it’s time on my tacho and money in the bank lol
With a starting time of 3am is this classed as night shift and are the hours supposed to be shortened? I was looking for an answer but couldn’t find any on the inter web :blush: this may not sound right but looking to get an idea
Cheers in advance
Paul

10 hours max WORKING TIME unless opted out of by a workforce agreement
Working time = driving time + other work time only so with POA and/or breaks you could still do a 15 hour shift

ROG:

NPABU:
Cheers in advance
Paul

10 hours max WORKING TIME unless opted out of by a workforce agreement
Working time = driving time + other work time only so with POA and/or breaks you could still do a 15 hour shift

Wot Rog said - with the emphasis on the “unless opted out of by a workforce agreement”. Class 2 jobs with lots of POA/waiting time are not very common. Class 2 jobs where the incumbent workforce willingly runs itself ragged just to get all the drops off sadly are…

I will be working out of the fruit market getting the orders ready before taking them out for delivery. I will need to look into what the other driver does in between starting and driving,
Just a brain block this lol thanks for your replies
Cheers Paul

NPABU:
I will be working out of the fruit market getting the orders ready before taking them out for delivery. I will need to look into what the other driver does in between starting and driving,
Just a brain block this lol thanks for your replies
Cheers Paul

Legally that must be recorded as other work

Regardless of what time you start work, if you do any work between 00:00 to 04:00 you’re classed as a night worker and restricted to 10 hours working time in any 24 hour period.
(As has been said the 10 hours working time limit can be opted out of with a workforce agreement)

Be aware that the period of 24 hours is actually 24 hours and is not reset after a daily rest period the way it is in the drivers tachograph regulations.
If you start at 03:00 and there is not a workforce agreement in place then legally you can only do 10 hours working time by 03:00 the following day.