Driving test tomorrow, again (C+E)

Jasesonix:

Ghiabox:
Not even a year later (just lol) and I’m onto C+E tomorrow in Darlington.

Got the reverse boxed off, uncoupling and coupling boxed off just need to remember to ask the examiner to check the lights for me and hope I can get the roundabouts right as thats the main issue around the outskirts of Darlington.

If anyone sees the Twinway driving school artic between 12/13:00 ish do me a favour and be kind :laughing:

I did my class 1 just a few weeks after my class 2. Passed class 2 last December and class 1 in January. March 4th, 2 weeks ago, I started my 1st Job as a class 1 tipper driver. Apart from the very, very steep learning curve, I’m loving it :smiley:

Just wait til you have to go back out in a rigid :laughing: I wanted a years experience on the roads before going for c+e and I think I made the right choice. Each to their own though and well done to you getting both passed so quickly!

steviespain:
Hey Ghiabox, good luck bro @)
I passed me class 2 in Darlo, fresh faced 18 year old frpm Catterick Camp.
One thing sticks out in my memory from the test route.
coming up to going underneath the railway, you go downhill, under the railway, and straight away there is a nasty right angled turn to the right. Narrow road. Does that ring any bells, mate?
Flat bed AEC 10 tonner, no power steering and a gearstick with a knob the size of a small football. Sweating all day in that.

I know where you mean mate, headed towards the roundabout where you go left for town centre parking or right (well straight on but its a slight right bend) for the bottom of north road or head out to the A68.

The area has changed a lot in the last 10 years and I dont think the part you’re on about is part of the test route these days, no power steering must have been a bit of a bast@rd :laughing: