CHUFFED!

Four tests today. Unfortunately 1 of the guys has a retest booked. So why am I chuffed? Out of the other 3 that passed, there were 2 clean sheets. That makes 15 clean sheets this quarter. Our annual record is 52 so we’re just ahead of that on average at the moment.

The perspective is that many trainers never see a clean sheet in their career, whilst others pick up an odd one now and then.

So congratulations to the candidates and training staff alike.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Well done to PSTT on your students. Great news. To broadcast your clean sheets on this forum is your prerogative, after all it is your advertising board, But I have to take issue with your snide comments, yet again.

You wrote:

“The perspective is that many trainers never see a clean sheet in their career, whilst others pick up an odd one now and then”

What exactly do you base your evidence on? What perspective are you looking at this from as you are clearly wrong. We get lots of clean sheets, as do many others, but we are perhaps a wee bit more humble than yourselves and either don’t show off about it and certainly don’t take a dig at other training providers.

You may think you are the best in the country and that’s fine…just stop taking a dig at the other reputable training providers.

Just checked our stats as a private DVSA test centre for 2017 - total of 364 vocational tests conducted (C, C1, CE, C1E, D1, D1E, D & BE), with 41 clean sheets - 11.26% of all tests resulted in a clean sheet, or just over one in ten.

Well done on your success, Peter.

…FWIW, a total of 1282 minors across those 364 tests. That’s an average of 3.52 per test. :smiley:

Something to be very proud of Pete, well done. No doubt a lot of work goes on in the background to get to that level.

I prefer your publicist & advertising guru Pete! Who is the other chap using? Max Clifford perhaps.

Wheel Nut:
I prefer your publicist & advertising guru Pete! Who is the other chap using? Max Clifford perhaps.

I would suspect he has headed over to one of the many HGV groups on Facebook. This forum is slowly dying in terms of traffic and posts.

jonnyboat:
This forum is slowly dying in terms of traffic and posts.

viewtopic.php?p=2459033#p2459033

Sent from my mobile.

No clean sheets this year to report but only one outstanding fail in the book.

It’s not very professional IMO to belittle other trainers in the industry with no solid evidence.

At the test centre I use near Wetherby all trainers get on and there is no back biting whatsoever, this is how it should be even on here!!

I would much rather see the brokers being targeted as they are the problem in the industry.

Just saying…

Paul

I don’t see any belittling at all, a proud businessman sits at his computer analysing his own statistics. Like contemplating his navel.

He hasn’t named anyone. I sense the aroma of unfit grapes!

Wheel Nut:
I don’t see any belittling at all, a proud businessman sits at his computer analysing his own statistics. Like contemplating his navel.

You need to get a room :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

I think they referring to this…

“The perspective is that many trainers never see a clean sheet in their career, whilst others pick up an odd one now and then.”

As far as I know test results in terms of clean sheets and amount of minors are not published so for Pete to make this statement can only be based on his opinion and not fact,therefore he’s making a statement based on this to make his company look better than others without actually producing the facts to back it up.
That’s possibly why other training providers have taken exception to it.

OMG. This was never meant to wind up anyone! It was a “throwaway” comment that I begin to wish I’d never made as it’s clearly upset one or two and that was never the intention. Whilst there is no published evidence on the matter, I was basing it on the years of experience of sitting in test centres. And clean sheets were few and far between. Since I posted we’ve picked up another 4 making 19 since the start of the year. I never said that no-one else was capable of this or that no-one else got clean sheets.

Just thought I’d mention that 2 in one day is a bit unusual.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

elmet training:

It’s not very professional IMO to belittle other trainers in the industry with no solid evidence.

At the test centre I use near Wetherby all trainers get on and there is no back biting whatsoever, this is how it should be even on here!!

I would much rather see the brokers being targeted as they are the problem in the industry.

Just saying…

Paul

But then again you’re not being totally upfront with your facts yourself… I know that you use the Darlington Test Centre too and the reason for that is simple; it has the highest test pass rate in the Country! But this fella is basing his passes on Brum… a much more difficult test environment :wink:

Congratulations Peter .

Jesse James:

elmet training:

Just saying…

Paul

But then again you’re not being totally upfront with your facts yourself… I know that you use the Darlington Test Centre too and the reason for that is simple; it has the highest test pass rate in the Country! But this fella is basing his passes on Brum… a much more difficult test environment :wink:

Lol I think you need to research your facts!!! I’ve never used Darlington test centre but feel free to research my company.

Paul

At end of day it’s all academic.

All trainers might be pleased to get clean sheet but candidates are much more interested in actual pass rates I bet!

They won’t care if it’s a clean sheet or full of minors as long as they pass at end of test!

I didn’t pass either of my tests with a clean sheet, got a couple of minors on each - doesn’t make me less of a driver than anyone else who’s passed.

By all means go for it but it’s not the end result aimed for - a pass is!

My thruppence worth! Not economic me can afford slightly more than a tuppence[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcgpx:
At end of day it’s all academic.

All trainers might be pleased to get clean sheet but candidates are much more interested in actual pass rates I bet!

They won’t care if it’s a clean sheet or full of minors as long as they pass at end of test!

I didn’t pass either of my tests with a clean sheet, got a couple of minors on each - doesn’t make me less of a driver than anyone else who’s passed.

By all means go for it but it’s not the end result aimed for - a pass is!

My thruppence worth! Not economic me can afford slightly more than a tuppence[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, a clean sheet would have been nice. But i was chuffed with 3 minors and passing.

If i was looking for a trainer purely based on pass rates I’d probably pick the one with more passes no matter what the make up of those passes.

Don’t at all blame Pete for being proud and wanting to show off a bit. Think some here take too personally though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jesse James:

Lol I think you need to research your facts!!! I’ve never used Darlington test centre but feel free to research my company.

To be honest a pretty poor effort to take a dig at my company.

Paul

elmet training:

To be honest a pretty poor effort to take a dig at my company.

Paul

It is indeed a poor effort Paul.

Only two posts and 50% of them are a dig at you. :unamused:

:bulb: Given that he’s not left himself a way out, it’ll be very interesting to see his proof of your use of Darlington Test Centre regardless of whether it’s easy/difficult to get passes there. :exclamation: