Can you take a test with a pass certificate?

I could call DVLA - but I reckon ROG or Pete might know :slight_smile:

I’ve got my Class 1 booked for next month. And I’m also currently doing my direct access course on a motorbike. I have to book in my mod 1 test - now I’m thinking if by some miracle I pass I will have no license (won’t risk not letting them send it off). But would have pass certificate. So can I use this to take another test?

If not then it’s not a problem - I’ll just make sure it’s not arranged around that time. But as I’d like my full bike licence by June I’d love to be able to accelerate the process.

Cheers

Every test examiner needs to see the licence

ROG:
Every test examiner needs to see the licence

Cheers Rog - in which case I either need to book it before the test or I need to book it a few week after. Which is annoying - but oh well.

You could take either test and if you pass just tell the examiner you would like to send your licence off yourself.

After passing the LGV and motorbike tests you can send the certificates to DVLA, be warned though that each pass certificate has an expiry date of two years from the date of issue.

Give peters place a call if you get no joy

+44 (0)1623 555661 - Monday - Friday 07:30 - 17:30

Cheers guys - it’s not the biggest deal in the world. The bike is just for a bit of summer fun. And the class 1 matters to me a lot more. I’ll just try and get mod 1 in before the test or after it. Makes retests hard if I fail - but I’d rather stay positive.

Hussar:
You could take either test and if you pass just tell the examiner you would like to send your licence off yourself.

did that and DVLA send the updated week after passing my test without me needing to send it. Also did the motorbike license 2 years ago and same story - so at no point I was without my plastic license card.