Module 4

Hi all.

I’m doing my C+E next month, and my module 2. My question is regarding Module 4. I’ve asked a few people, including my Class C trainer, and nobody can really give me any concrete info. I’m under the impression it’s a q+a done beside a lorry. Does this mean I do it through a haulage company I get a job with? I’m assuming vehicle test centres don’t keep a lorry on site just for module 4 tests. And as it’s not an option on the gov test booking site, I’m kinda stumped as to how to book it and whatnot. Can anybody fill me in please?

Thanks

Mod 4 is usually done by the LGV training school

You hire their lorry and either take it with an instructor to a test centre or done on site if the school has its own test centre

There is a video link which shows what goes on contained within the link in my signature below

Truly amazing that your trainer couldn’t answer this. (after all, it’s only been in place since 2009!).

But, as normal, ROG has given the correct answer. Just to add that it would be foolish to attempt the test without a couple of hours training.

Also, there are now a number of trainers around the UK with their own MOD 4 assessor on staff. So this virtually eliminates waiting time.

Strongly suggest that you get this done before you do your CE. Then, assuming that your CE trainer has the course approved (ask them), you can get a lump of the training time credited to your periodic training. (Your mod 4 will give you a card valid to 2023, but you can start collecting credits for the period 2023 - 2028).

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

ROG

That’s great. I had kinda assumed it would be via the training school. Maybe I didn’t ask the trainer the right question. I’ll speak to whatever trainer I get next month during my C+E training. Thanks for getting back to me.

PETE

I know. I asked the trainer on 3 occasions, and I was never happy with any answer he gave me. Maybe he just doesn’t know? He got his license 30 years ago, [zb] has changed a lot since then. Also, asking anybody in a test centre or even on the DVA phone line is useless as they all appear to be not just singing from different hymn books, but from different religions too. I’m in Northern Ireland as well, which is a different department from the rest of the UK, which only muddies the waters even more. The whole process so far has been extremely convoluted to the Nth degree. Aiming for driving artics, I had originally thought it all would have taken 2 months max - in reality its looking like 5 months. Ah well. Thanks for the reply.