Driver cpc

Hi all

I passed my test in 1992 which gave me cat C1, so i drove a 7.5t lorry for 8 years. I then changed job to working in a warehouse for 9 years, Im now looking at going back to driving and from what i can make out i need to do the 35hour cpc course so i can do this. does anyone know if this is the case as i have had conflicting information from a few companies that deliver the cpc training. I have dever done the cpc course

Thanks for your time, and am greatful for any response

simon

simbow:
Hi all

I passed my test in 1992 which gave me cat C1, so i drove a 7.5t lorry for 8 years. I then changed job to working in a warehouse for 9 years, Im now looking at going back to driving and from what i can make out i need to do the 35hour cpc course so i can do this. does anyone know if this is the case as i have had conflicting information from a few companies that deliver the cpc training. I have dever done the cpc course

simon

Yes you do need the 35 hours to drive any LGV commercially

ROG:

simbow:
Hi all

simon

Yes you do need the 35 hours to drive any LGV commercially

So I dont have to take any other test as i have never done a cpc course before?

simbow:

If you’ve got cat C1 on your licence you just need to do the 35 hours CPC periodic training.

If you don’t want to do the 35 hours periodic training you can do the initial driver CPC MODs 2 and 4, Mods 2 and 4 are tests that can be failed whereas the 35 hours periodic training has no test that can be failed.

tachograph:

simbow:

If you’ve got cat C1 on your licence you just need to do the 35 hours CPC periodic training.

If you don’t want to do the 35 hours periodic training you can do the initial driver CPC MODs 2 and 4, Mods 2 and 4 are tests that can be failed whereas the 35 hours periodic training has no test that can be failed.

Thats great, thankyou, I will book the 35 hour coarse tomorrow

You have the choice of EITHER doing 35 hours (normally 5 x 7 hour days in classroom) OR Module 2 (case studies theory test) and Module 4 (practical walkround demonstration test). The latter is less time consuming but there can be difficulties in getting the Mod 2 organised. Simply, the DVLA computer is not on good terms with the Pearson (the theory test folks) computer. If you want to find out if this is the case for you, go to gov.uk/book-theory-test and see if the Module 2 test is available to you. Then you know if the choice is available. If it’s not on offer, it can still be made to happen but it can cause considerable delay and I don’t recommend it.

You cannot fail on the 35 hours. The Mods 2 and 4 can both be failed (but this isn’t too common).

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
You have the choice of EITHER doing 35 hours (normally 5 x 7 hour days in classroom) OR Module 2 (case studies theory test) and Module 4 (practical walkround demonstration test). The latter is less time consuming but there can be difficulties in getting the Mod 2 organised. Simply, the DVLA computer is not on good terms with the Pearson (the theory test folks) computer. If you want to find out if this is the case for you, go to gov.uk/book-theory-test and see if the Module 2 test is available to you. Then you know if the choice is available. If it’s not on offer, it can still be made to happen but it can cause considerable delay and I don’t recommend it.

You cannot fail on the 35 hours. The Mods 2 and 4 can both be failed (but this isn’t too common).

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks pete

You also have the option of doing class two and having the hours credited toward the cpc. Then you only have to endure 1 day of it. Just saying, it’s an option :slight_smile:

jbaz73:
You also have the option of doing class two and having the hours credited toward the cpc. Then you only have to endure 1 day of it. Just saying, it’s an option :slight_smile:

That depends on your training I think.

I know for my class 1 I can only get 2 days - but then it’s only 2 days training so that’s kind of reasonable. I think you need to be double manned to get 4.

Which really highlights what a joke it is. You can be sitting there on your phone doing nothing and get extra credit.