Tesco job

Hi guys just got a job at Tescos around Kent my question would be if it involves handling goods in and out of the trailers at stores or not. Thanks in advance

Yes, as far as I’m aware. When I did it on the Artics out of Fradley Park (Lichfield), it was delivering and collecting from stores, those mostly open. However the rigids I see locally are often doing it to closed stores, ready for the morning. But there is all the safety equipment, and every row is strapped.

The rigids I have seen have been outside the front of shops, but you could also be delivering to back doors, bays whether raised or ground level. However, they also have lifts on some as well.

You may well get your own set of runs, or area to cover. I worked relief, and covered all areas.

If it’s actually tesco’s Rather than onestop then you’ll just be rolling the cages onto the tailift and the store staff will do the rest.

If it’s onestop then you’ll be wheeling the cages into the store

Thanks for the answers guys… Just wondering would the Arctic be the same as for the rigids? As in unloading the trailers yourself— thanks

Yes it’s the same with artics as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your worlds meet on the lift
Store staff are not supposed to enter the trailer and you not allowed to wander the store, unless thing have changed
Exception is if the store uses an electric pallet truck

rule 1 if your on a tesco truck.
as instructed by tesco traffic office to me a few years ago.
you dont move a heavy cage yourself.your trailer is an extension of their store and the cabbages must come in and help.its your responsibility to make sure they are wearing full ppe before entering.if not stop and get aforementioned cabbages to call duty manager.if he cant supply a cabbage with ppe gear,then you call your traffic office…stalemate and checkmate.
never think for yourself or use your own initiative as with tesco you are paid from the neck down and must adhere strictly to the printed risk assessment.
max 2 cages on lift even if they are empty.