Can anyone recommend a training provider for West Midlands

Hi all,

I joined the site a couple of years ago, career change at 40 (currently an estate agent) always wanted to drive trucks from when I was a kid! Stumbling block was the cost but I’ve saved up a couple of grand and I’m ready to take the plunge.

I’m looking to do the whole lot in one go while I’ve got the money, so including C+e, and then go out and hope to find a job!

It’s a lot of money to fork out so was wondering if anyone has any personal experience of training around here and if they’d recommend? I live near Dudley so this side of Birmingham preferably.

Ps - I know Midlands training services is mentioned on the ‘training tips’ thread, was just after personal recommendations, including for them.

Hi Tim
Got 2 by you there’s Central Transport Training foxes lane Wolverhampton did my class C and Westgate training in Aldridge did My CE with them.
Also CRH in coleshill aswell,
When you do pass there’s Spar in willenhall and Poundland in bilston take new passes,Asprays and mainline in willenhall (not the best jobs but a starts a start).
Not sure how far you are from Mansfield but Peter Smythe does free B&B with courses.

Jeff.

Check out the link in my signature below

I live in Brum and drove up to Mansfield daily to train with PSTT. Fantastic school without fault.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Daytrunker:
Hi Tim
Got 2 by you there’s Central Transport Training foxes lane Wolverhampton did my class C and Westgate training in Aldridge did My CE with them.
When you do pass there’s Spar in willenhall and Poundland in bilston take new passes,Asprays and mainline in willenhall (not the best jobs but a starts a start).
Not sure how far you are from Mansfield but Peter Smythe does free B&B with courses.

Jeff.

Thanks Jeff, I’ll check them out.

Thanks for the additional info about potential employers too, is that newly qualified for CE or just C?

Timd77:

Daytrunker:
Hi Tim

Jeff.

Thanks Jeff, I’ll check them out.

Thanks for the additional info about potential employers too, is that newly qualified for CE or just C?

Both C and C+E. also DPD in oldbury put drivers through the C+E seen thier training truck about when I worked in west brom,not sure if its an internal thing but if you do get a job with your C might be worth thinking about or asking at the interview.

Could try Top Gear, Mucklow Hill, Halesowen. Did both with them.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

hi i did my cat c with MTS in Wolverhampton so can recommend them, i paid the full package that was £2400 includes everything from medical to mod 2/4
5 days class C and 5 days c+e

El Deano:

Considered them myself as not far from where I live. Didn’t look like a bad place at all.

IronEddie:

El Deano:

Considered them myself as not far from where I live. Didn’t look like a bad place at all.

Not long gone to all auto fleet too.

Thanks for the feedback all, much appreciated!