Blakemore Wholesale - Gateshead

So finally 2 months after passing my class 2, and countless CV’s and online applications I’ve eventually been offered an interview for Blakemore Wholesale (AF Blakemore & Son) in Gateshead (Team Valley), doing multi-drop for Spar shops by the looks of it.

Does anyone have any experience with them?
Thanks.

Presumably not all that different to what I do for brakes. Roll off cages bring back empties.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

DanHill87:
So finally 2 months after passing my class 2, and countless CV’s and online applications I’ve eventually been offered an interview for Blakemore Wholesale (AF Blakemore & Son) in Gateshead (Team Valley), doing multi-drop for Spar shops by the looks of it.

Does anyone have any experience with them?
Thanks.

I used to collect pallets from them, spoke to a few drivers there and like any ‘food/retail’ related place it can be hard graft some days but they did say it’s swings and roundabouts as some are pretty decent. They never said crap wages or anything so can’t really comment on that. I will say though I never came across a moaner so good enough employer?

It can be a lot of handball or if lucky then sackbarrow most off. No forkies at Spar mini shops [emoji2] don’t think they use cages as I never saw any about?

The yard to load/unload is ■■■■ small and down a tight lane at side of building , one Truck at a time !

I got on well with the warehouse staff, pleasant enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did 4 months limping at the willenhall depot (spar wagons ) all on cages some were a pain in the ■■■ to deliver too but no worse than brakes,all the same kind of job really cages full of milk or pop can be bloody heavy and don’t expect any help of the shop bods.
One piece of advice tho ALWAYS check the retaining bars are secure before driving off no matter how much of a rush your in (1 cage of yogurts and the other full of cooking sauces one rather hot sunny day makes a smelly slippy mess :blush: :blush: ) when you get to more empties than full cages swop the last drop to the front of the load empties at the back by the bulkhead makes it quicker to get the last drop off.

Jeff.

Well was expecting them to ring me back yesterday with a new interview date as I couldn’t make the interview date today with only two days notice, and they haven’t so think this one may have slept through :confused:

DanHill87:
Well was expecting them to ring me back yesterday with a new interview date as I couldn’t make the interview date today with only two days notice, and they haven’t so think this one may have slept through :confused:

Two days notice isn’t much, I’d struggle to rearrange my life that quickly. Without pulling a sickie anyway.

IronEddie:

DanHill87:

Two days notice isn’t much, I’d struggle to rearrange my life that quickly. Without pulling a sickie anyway.

Exactly I was on my last day off and back into 4 days Work 0900-2100, as much as I want out of my current job I’m not burning the good bridges I have by pulling a sickie.

I guess if they ring back it’s a win, if they don’t then maybe it’s a sign they aren’t the best to work for?

DanHill87:

IronEddie:

DanHill87:

Exactly I was on my last day off and back into 4 days Work 0900-2100, as much as I want out of my current job I’m not burning the good bridges I have by pulling a sickie.

I guess if they ring back it’s a win, if they don’t then maybe it’s a sign they aren’t the best to work for?

Yeah that’s how I’d look at it. Might be you got put at the bottom of the pile and you might get a call next time they’re advertising.

IronEddie:

DanHill87:

IronEddie:

DanHill87:

Yeah that’s how I’d look at it. Might be you got put at the bottom of the pile and you might get a call next time they’re advertising.

Still got some more companies to drop into so I’ll get to it and fingers crossed someone else might give me my break, hoping to get on an mpqc course next month and get that card to add to my CV.

Good luck. Something will pop up.