DHL assessment - KFC contract in Rugby

Hey guys,

I’ve got an assessment with DHL on Fri for the KFC contract in Rugby. It’s going to involve a theory test (working hours etc) and a drive.

Any advice?

I’ve heard they mainly use autos which would be ideal as I’ve not driven a manual before and haven’t driven a Class 2 since passing in Jan. Also, how hard is the theory likely to be? Theory test was a piece of cake but I’ve also seen some trickier examples where you have to work out the hours over a week, factoring in different starting times, shift lengths and rest times etc.

Usually a basic simple test on the regs such as how long can you drive without taking a break and how long must that break be ?

Cheers Rog!

Being able to actually deliver chickens lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“KFC driver goes missing with truckload of chicken… .” :smiley:

I hear positive things about DHL in general and from the drivers onsite at JLR. Bidvest, on the other hand, I decided against applying for despite the offer of decent pay after reading loads of terrible reviews on here.

Given that this DHL contract sounds like similar work, what’s likely to be the difference? A more realistic workload, better attitude towards workers?

Hi.
You should get a 26Tonner 67 plate automatic Volvo for your assessment. As this is what dhl uses for this contract. Theory will be easy. Some highway code questions and drivers hours as well. Dhl is a really good place to start your career.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cheers guys. Some really useful info right here.

BigStu81:
I hear positive things about DHL in general and from the drivers onsite at JLR. Bidvest, on the other hand, I decided against applying for despite the offer of decent pay after reading loads of terrible reviews on here.

Given that this DHL contract sounds like similar work, what’s likely to be the difference? A more realistic workload, better attitude towards workers?

The work is identical to Bidvest as DHL too the KFC contract off Bidvest, royally screwed it up and now Bidvest have taken back on up to 350 stores in the North.
At least you know you won’t head north much from Rugby. Lol

Ah ok, that explains it. Good thing I’m into weightlifting as it’s meant to be a bit of a graft.

Also been invited to an assessment at Palletways in Lichfield. Not quite as good money as DHL but enough to get by on whilst I’m getting some experience under my belt.

Anybody have any experience of them and whether they typically use manual or auto rigids?

I would expect auto, everyone has gone auto now

BigStu81:
Hey guys,

I’ve got an assessment with DHL on Fri for the KFC contract in Rugby. It’s going to involve a theory test (working hours etc) and a drive.

Any advice?

I’ve heard they mainly use autos which would be ideal as I’ve not driven a manual before and haven’t driven a Class 2 since passing in Jan. Also, how hard is the theory likely to be? Theory test was a piece of cake but I’ve also seen some trickier examples where you have to work out the hours over a week, factoring in different starting times, shift lengths and rest times etc.

I was told by agency that DHL require 2 years experience and for that reason refused job.

Or maybe you didnt get the job because DHL no longer have the contract! Bidvest have been re-appointed the contrac supplier for KFC

Manc-Apollo:
Or maybe you didnt get the job because DHL no longer have the contract! Bidvest have been re-appointed the contrac supplier for KFC

Only part of it not the whole lot.

I did kfc when hays logistics had the contract, it was foul!

jbaz73:
I did kfc when hays logistics had the contract, it was foul!

I did it with a company who were subcontracting for bidvest. It was the worst job I have ever done. Would literally rather collect portable toilets than ever think about doing that again. There was not one single redeeming feature too the job.

jbaz73:

Not being pedantic, they are semi-automatic,.

Mea culpa

biggriffin:

jbaz73:

Not being pedantic, they are semi-automatic,.

I think you are!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk