Drivers hours

Hi folks just looking for some info. I have recently got into doing some 7.5t work with some merc sprinter on other days. It’s multi drop frozen food to convenience stores. The question I’m looking to be answered is can I split the 30min 6 hour wtd? I would usually meet that before I get to the 4.5hr and needing 45mins. I know this is a simple question but when unsure it’s always better to ask.
Cheers Paul

NPABU:
Hi folks just looking for some info. I have recently got into doing some 7.5t work with some merc sprinter on other days. It’s multi drop frozen food to convenience stores. The question I’m looking to be answered is can I split the 30min 6 hour wtd? I would usually meet that before I get to the 4.5hr and needing 45mins. I know this is a simple question but when unsure it’s always better to ask.
Cheers Paul

I would do this -
Take a 15 min break at 6 hours of work/drive mix then take 30 at the 4.5 driving time

If doing that you never exceed the 6 hour work/drive mix at any point in the shift then all is ok

When you say - on other days - what do you mean :question:

I work mon-fri and some days I’m in the 7.5 and other days I’m in the sprinter, to be honest I’m getting pi$$ed off being in the sprinter but I will see how it goes. So just to clarify this I can take a 15 before the 6hour mark as long as I take the other 30 before my 4.5hr driving time is up? So why have they been telling us that we need to take 30 before the 6 hour mark? Sorry if this sounds daft but I need to know
Cheers Paul

Sounds like internal company policy, not law so don’t panic. I came up against that somewhere I worked (can’t remember which company for the life of me). But as long as you take your 15 then you’re fine. If they want you to take 30, just take it.

NPABU:
I work mon-fri and some days I’m in the 7.5 and other days I’m in the sprinter, to be honest I’m getting pi$$ed off being in the sprinter but I will see how it goes. So just to clarify this I can take a 15 before the 6hour mark as long as I take the other 30 before my 4.5hr driving time is up? So why have they been telling us that we need to take 30 before the 6 hour mark? Sorry if this sounds daft but I need to know
Cheers Paul

Either they do not know the law or they have a company policy

jbaz73:
Sounds like internal company policy, not law so don’t panic. I came up against that somewhere I worked (can’t remember which company for the life of me). But as long as you take your 15 then you’re fine. If they want you to take 30, just take it.

SNAP :smiley:

Oh, and you can say ■■■■ :wink:

jbaz73:
Oh, and you can say ■■■■ :wink:

or wee wee or pee pee :wink: :laughing:

This thread is going down the toilet …

Cheers for the replies, I won’t be taking anymore than what’s due as I’m salaried and they are pushing our hours already, they are trying to get every last pound of flesh. I wouldn’t mind the long hours as much if was paid hourly.
Cheers Paul

If no company policy to state that you must have 30 mins for 6 hours of work then stick to the law which states that 15 is legal