XPO Logistics

Hi, has anyone worked for these? Job is class 2, rolller cages of car parts to various locations, night work. Due to take class 1 end of March so was thinking of waiting for the outcome of that, but as they run class 1 too, thinking it’s a start and can maybe jump to class 1 with these after gaining experience on class 2 and local to me, pay seems okish?! But it’s that all important start… any advice would be greatly appreciated:)

IMO no brainer. Go for it!

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

My thoughts Pete! I was thinking it’s better to get in with a company on class 2 then make the move up as you’re already employed! Application in so we will see! Thanks Pete

Roller cages of car parts, night work? Where is that based? If it’s East Midlands, I have done that job and it’s a nice little number. It was all very local work and not hard at all, nobody bothers you either, bonus!

Usual big companies H&S bollox but they won’t expect you bend the rules like some smaller companies would,they are at the Stobrats end of the pay scale so don’t commit to that Ferrari on finance just yet but as you say a starts a start so go for it.

Where is it based? I know someone who does it.

Thanks all, sounds a nice job for a start! Pay is £9.86 plus shift allowance so not to bad, obviously would be better pay if it was more hours but they are advertising 40 hours per week. I’m already employed at the moment ( non driving job) on decent pay so will have to see how things go and the difference in pay, and if it’s doable for a start on the road…

htfc1984:
Where is it based? I know someone who does it.

Hi it’s based in the West Midlands

jbaz73:
Roller cages of car parts, night work? Where is that based? If it’s East Midlands, I have done that job and it’s a nice little number. It was all very local work and not hard at all, nobody bothers you either, bonus!

It’s based West mids jbaz, sounds ok then :slight_smile:

Euro car parts in dordon M42 j10 at a guess

I met a pretty young mum who works for XPO as her first job as a Class 1 at the Bury St Edmunds depot. Has done for a few years. She raved about how great they were at looking after her and guiding her along. She said, “I’m only about 4’ 6” and if I can do it (trunk UK wide) anyone can". She was really positive about XPO and their trucks and standards. I was impressed. She loved the job. She commuted a fair way to that depot too for each shift, so they must be good.

Mr Tumble:
I met a pretty young mum who works for XPO as her first job as a Class 1 at the Bury St Edmunds depot. Has done for a few years. She raved about how great they were at looking after her and guiding her along. She said, “I’m only about 4’ 6” and if I can do it (trunk UK wide) anyone can". She was really positive about XPO and their trucks and standards. I was impressed. She loved the job. She commuted a fair way to that depot too for each shift, so they must be good.

Sounds promising and me being 5”1 and female should fit the job description, :slight_smile:

All I know about XPO is the loo at their Crick site is the worst I’ve experienced.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mr Tumble:

I worked there for almost 3 months back in 2015 before I moved. Can only think you are talking about Karen. The manager there is fair and one has to follow the book (which is straight). The work is pallet freight and one has to do collections and deliveries over a wide area - this means shifting pallets around at deliveries which can be a pain and hard work. Usually in pallet freight one does deliveries in the morning and collections in the afternoon. I enjoyed the job too and wish I was still there. Union membership is in practice so all is fair… unlike most places. Two instructors who do CPC and training; one of whom will go out with you for your first few days to support you and help settle you in.

avfcnat82:

Mr Tumble:

Sounds promising and me being 5”1 and female should fit the job description, :slight_smile:

You may have big problems with the job if you’re 5 inches tall, are you elf employed?

Sorry lol, that was just too good to miss. All meant in good fun!

jbaz73:

avfcnat82:

Mr Tumble:

You may have big problems with the job if you’re 5 inches tall, are you elf employed?

Sorry lol, that was just too good to miss. All meant in good fun!

Top draw that jbaz! Well done! Did give me a chuckle! And sorry for the terrible miss quote! Lol 5” more like 6” lol