Strapping question

It’s been a while since I did my cpc and it was covered in that, but memory is a bit foggy.

I seem to remember that if a pallet is less than 400 kg, internal straps can be used, but if it’s over 400 kg, then you must use ratchet straps. Am I right?

Generally that seems to be what vosa think assuming the straps are decent quality.

It gets trickier around XL curtains which in theory dont always need them but theres a lot of complications there due to fit, type of strap and trailer. Best strap them at least with internals.

Companies migjt have different rules, eg ours say IBCs, sacks and a few others have to be strapped regardless.

If in doubt, strap it…

Can’t use old style rope and Dollies, tho that’s un-safe,.

How did we not lose loads in the oldern days I dread to think,must have been different gravity then.

Cheers lads, I don’t THINK the eu has changed the laws on gravity… yet!

biggriffin:
If in doubt, strap it…

How did we not lose loads in the oldern days I dread to think,must have been different gravity then.

That’s ■■■■■■■■, ropes still legal if appropriate for the load and in good nick.

gov.uk/government/publicati … -solutions

jbaz73:
It’s been a while since I did my cpc and it was covered in that, but memory is a bit foggy.

I seem to remember that if a pallet is less than 400 kg, internal straps can be used, but if it’s over 400 kg, then you must use ratchet straps. Am I right?

The information you need is here,

FTBlunder:

biggriffin:
If in doubt, strap it…

That’s ■■■■■■■■, ropes still legal if appropriate for the load and in good nick.

I stand corrected, the wording could have been less aggressive, but then politeness and manners, have long since disappeared.

biggriffin:

FTBlunder:

biggriffin:
If in doubt, strap it…

I stand corrected, the wording could have been less aggressive, but then politeness and manners, have long since disappeared.

Bit late but I’m sorry about my tone there, no excuse for it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

biggriffin:

FTBlunder:

biggriffin:
If in doubt, strap it…

A fair point biggriffin, and already addressed by the poster concerned.

My 2p worth is to point this out as an excellent example of what is and isn’t allowed in terms of posting…

The reply (although somewhat ‘enthusiastic’ :wink: ) was completely within forum rules because it clearly referred to the post, rather than the person.

That’s for those who say that the Mods come down on discord like a ton of ZB and there’s no free speech and too much censorship and all the other crap that certain people come out with.

There’s no harm in a robust answer if done within the forum rules. :smiley:

dieseldave:

biggriffin:

FTBlunder:

biggriffin:
If in doubt, strap it…

A fair point biggriffin, and already addressed by the poster concerned.

My 2p worth is to point this out as an excellent example of what is and isn’t allowed in terms of posting…

The reply (although somewhat ‘enthusiastic’ :wink: ) was completely within forum rules because it clearly referred to the post, rather than the person.

That’s for those who say that the Mods come down on discord like a ton of ZB and there’s no free speech and too much censorship and all the other crap that certain people come out with.

There’s no harm in a robust answer if done within the forum rules. :smiley:

Yeah my vitriol was aimed at the misinformation rather than biggriffin himself. I should have been more polite about it though, as the tone of voice wasn’t there. If I had said it to him face to face he would have noticed the tone of voice and that it wasn’t aimed him.

For what it’s worth though, for my loads I prefer ropes as in order to secure adequately with straps I would need quite a few of them, but with ropes I can run one or two ropes back and forth to do the same job that might need 7 or 8 straps.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk