First day with stobarts tomorrow

So tomorrow I start my 1st of 2 day induction with stobarts looking forward to it but I have to be honest I read a lot of hate towards stobarts suppose il have to find out for myself what there really like see a lot of pictures with there lorries stuck under bridges and I often think how the hell did it end up stuck under there surely before you start your day you take not of the height of your vehicle??

Rodneytrotter89:
So tomorrow I start my 1st of 2 day induction with stobarts looking forward to it but I have to be honest I read a lot of hate towards stobarts suppose il have to find out for myself what there really like see a lot of pictures with there lorries stuck under bridges and I often think how the hell did it end up stuck under there surely before you start your day you take not of the height of your vehicle??

The typo/Freudian slip in your question may well have answered your own question :wink:

Now that could be very true lol

Rodneytrotter89:

Be interested to know how it goes…which depot you based at??

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Appleton I shall give updates I’m new to the industry so I’m interested to see what stobarts are like to work for so I shall give my honest opinion

Rodneytrotter89:
Appleton I shall give updates I’m new to the industry so I’m interested to see what stobarts are like to work for so I shall give my honest opinion

Who did you get your licence with??

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Please prove me wrong… Fishey tale ?

Did my class 2 with a company called enterprise in Manchester and did my class 1 with stobarts

Vaya con dios!

RodneyTrotter What shift pattern did you choose your start time,

Il be doing day tramping

Eer Rodder’s we can become millionaire’s fancy a bit of fridge work, there’s some cheap chicken flying around, and the local take-aways will snap it up, lovely jubbley…

Is Stobbarts best avoided then? Was considering them in the future…

marsbars:

I did 13 months for stobarts nestle, stobarts run you ragged! It’s ok for tramping but not nice for day work. Can’t have been all bad, I stayed for over a year. They want their pound of flesh, but doesn’t everyone?

marsbars:

No if you’re green and need experience they’re good. They will take just about anyone and it’ll give you a chance to learn the craft.

harrawaffa:

marsbars:

No if you’re green and need experience they’re good. They will take just about anyone and it’ll give you a chance to learn the craft.

jbaz73:

marsbars:

I did 13 months for stobarts nestle, stobarts run you ragged! It’s ok for tramping but not nice for day work. Can’t have been all bad, I stayed for over a year. They want their pound of flesh, but doesn’t everyone?

Thanks lads, I just need to get some part time hours under my belt until I can get the ■■■■ out of the NHS and eventually go full time. Day work is all I can manage for a while but I’m seriously considering tramping in 18 months or so. Think I’ll give them a go :slight_smile:

A mate of mine tramps out of Rugby and he enjoys it. Always says I should go across and join him. Me I work in the other side of the A5 and enjoy it too so won’t be moving as I’m on a fairly good screw atm

Sorry for the late reply done 2 day induction we had a laugh the training academy was impressive tbh I’m going to be going with someone mentor/trainer for next 2 weeks which for me personally I’m happy with that because being a newbie I didn’t want Just to be thrown in the deep end and be told off u go everyone is different but so far it’s suits Me like I said before stobarts was willing to give me a go which is more than the rest over the coming weeks time will tell

Glad you enjoyed it. Yes, the academy is very impressive - especially the judicious use of containers! I was blown away when I visited though, tbh, they’ve a way to go with the licence acquisition facilities. That’s about 6 miles from the main academy - which is superb.

All the best with the mentored period; this is the opportunity to do some fast track learning.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I started for stobarts last week out if widnes. First job after passing class 1 the week before. Its not to bad, had a mentor last week and will again this week. Job isnt to bad, my reversing is awfuk but alowly coming together but some of the Tesco bay’s are a nightmare!!! Contracted for 45 hours a week but got 60 in last week. Although they get lots of bad publicity with other truckers, I see it as a decent way to get experience and use it as a stepping stone