Agency work & Brakes

Hi all so I went for an interview at brakes as I know they take in new passes.

Driving assesment went really well the assor said I had a natural flair for driving trucks (blowing my own trumpet :stuck_out_tongue:). The interview section went well also however the day after I get a call and they said:

ā€œHi Warren, unfortunately we wonā€™t be taking you on at this time due to your lack of multi drop experience.ā€

They would have known my only experience was delivering for dominoes pizza a few months bacj from my CV! Feel like my time was wasted there.

Also what agencies in Avonmouth /Bridgewater area would do casual Saturday work as none Iā€™ve contacted seem interested.

Try the co op in Avonmouth theyā€™re usually looking. Iā€™m assuming you only have class 2 ?

I call coop every other week. My uncle works there they took on a load of the Palmer Harvey drivers so they have no class 2 space Iā€™m told.

Saving for Class 1 though.

Thatā€™s a shame brakes gave me a start with zero multidrop heck zero professional driving experience.

The only thing I had going for me was heaps of customer service experience.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I must have said something wrong or they just donā€™t like me :frowning:

May have been a blessing in disguise :smiley:

Itā€™s brakes, it is a blessing with a thin disguise. Thereā€™s much better work out there, brakes is a last resort job.

Look on indeed, get a few agencies, google them and ring them directly. We havenā€™t really suffered the post Xmas lull, jobs are 10 a penny at the moment. Good luck with it fella

I suspect the reason they turned you down was simply that they had more applicants than vacancies. ā€œLack of multidrop experienceā€ is just a way of letting you down gently.

They did have another interview directly after I left but he was wearing jeans and a t shirt! Looked unprofessional to me but Iā€™m coming from an shirt and tie office.

WAZ91:
They did have another interview directly after I left but he was wearing jeans and a t shirt! Looked unprofessional to me but Iā€™m coming from an shirt and tie office.

Its for an interview for driving a wagon.I think shirt and tie jobby is a bit overkill.

daftvader:

WAZ91:

Its for an interview for driving a wagon.I think shirt and tie jobby is a bit overkill.

Agreed. I turn up to mine in a simple black trousers with lots of pockets, black jumper, jacket and a hi vis. Last interview I went to it was noticed I took H&S seriously because I was wearing the hi vis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbaz73:
Itā€™s brakes, it is a blessing with a thin disguise. Thereā€™s much better work out there, brakes is a last resort job.

Look on indeed, get a few agencies, google them and ring them directly. We havenā€™t really suffered the post Xmas lull, jobs are 10 a penny at the moment. Good luck with it fella

It ainā€™t that bad all the time. He says as heā€™s just clocked off from a 15 hour day.

IronEddie:

jbaz73:

It ainā€™t that bad all the time. He says as heā€™s just clocked off from a 15 hour day.

:stuck_out_tongue: they did say in the interview that there would be 15 hour days ā€œoccasionallyā€ I took that with a pinch of salt but never said I wouldnā€™t do it if needed.

WAZ91:

IronEddie:

jbaz73:

[emoji14] they did say in the interview that there would be 15 hour days ā€œoccasionallyā€ I took that with a pinch of salt but never said I wouldnā€™t do it if needed.

12/13 hour days are the norm. 15 hasnā€™t happened too much to be fair, got caught up in an accident on the m1 yesterday.

Brakes deffinately make you work hard for the money though.

Probably not a waste of time at all. Assessments and interviews can be a bit stressful, and the more you do, the easier they`ll be. Getting a thumbs up on the driving part is good too.

Got an interview with Biffa in Highbridge. Hear the pay and hours are quite good.

Well that was differentā€¦ in and out in 20 mins. :confused:

pretty chilled compared to brakes

Got the job at Biffa they are puttin me on a flat bed collecting and delivering broken and new bins. Commercial properties only. Pretty happy with this.

WAZ91:
Got the job at Biffa they are puttin me on a flat bed collecting and delivering broken and new bins. Commercial properties only. Pretty happy with this.

EU regs on that job - dont let them tell you it is domestic regs

That sounds all right tbf. How many drops a day?

IronEddie:
That sounds all right tbf. How many drops a day?

Not sure on drops but from what I gleamed they plan a 9 hour day but if Iā€™m done before that still get paid my 9.