North west training [Merged]

Hi just after a little advise and to see if anyone can recommend a good company

So finally after what seems forever, in the next few weeks I will have the funds to start my training for HGV Class 2 and then class 1 hopefully.

So ive done the usual and searched the internet and everyone seems to have good reviews but its still hard to judge. I mean no company is going to publish bad reviews or testimonials of the quality of their training…

I live in East Lancashire but am prepared to travel a little bit for the right training company so my question is can anyone recommend a good company that’s reliable with good trainers?

I went to look at one local company the guy i spoke to was great but the lorry he showed me had been round the block a few times you could say, im just wanting to get the balance right and spend my money with the right company.

Price wise most company’s ive spoken to quote roughly the same money for both tests around the £2,800 for class 2 and then class 1

Appreciate the help…

North lancs training group at Accrington / Clayton le movies if they are still going

I did mine at North Lancs aswell in Accrington. Couldn’t fault them and the training was great. It was 11 years ago but as long as the same fellas got it I’d recommend going with them

DDT1391:
Hi just after a little advise and to see if anyone can recommend a good company

Hi DDT1391,

I’ve moved your topic to this forum, where I think you’ll get more views and responses from those in the know on this subject.

DDT1391:
Appreciate the help…

No problem!! :smiley:

ROG:
Check out the link in my signature below

More info on trainers in the newbies forum

Sorted. :wink:

thanks for the reply’s ill have a look at north lancs as they are pretty local

Our residential course is £1260 for C and £1395 for CE. Free accommodation. Loads of excellent reviews - just ask on this forum. Excellent fleet with vehicles specified and purchased for training. Fully qualified, trained and registered instructors.

Private test centre on site (the first one in UK).

Up to you.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Our residential course is £1260 for C and £1395 for CE. Free accommodation. Loads of excellent reviews - just ask on this forum. Excellent fleet with vehicles specified and purchased for training. Fully qualified, trained and registered instructors.

Private test centre on site (the first one in UK).

Up to you.

cheers Pete, im genuinely tempted already checked out your website it obvious you have a top class operation…

Suggest you have a look at what you can get locally and then compare. You only want to buy once, so it’s important you get it right.

So, basically I live in Accrington and I did my class 2 locally. It wasn’t bad but I went for my class 1 at Pete’s place so I can compare them two. I can highly recommend Peter Smythe’ s training centre. You go there for few days with free accommodation and what is really good you have your test at the same place you train (reversing). If I were you I would go for it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Luke81:
So, basically I live in Accrington and I did my class 2 locally. It wasn’t bad but I went for my class 1 at Pete’s place so I can compare them two. I can highly recommend Peter Smythe’ s training centre. You go there for few days with free accommodation and what is really good you have your test at the same place you train (reversing). If I were you I would go for it.

cheers for the advice petes place is very good and not heard a simgle bad thing on here or anywhere else.

Can i ask where you did class 2 ■■

thanks

Fagan and whaley in Padiham