POA Again

Apologies in advance you prob heard this question thousands of times…
I never usually use poa until recently doin long hrs so have to put time waitin…
Twice last week I had go in office because drivin time has gone to 4hrs 38 min and I’ve never seen the tacho flash break…
Anyone know if I go on POA for over 45 mins would it reset my drivin hrs…I know it resets break but curious about hrs as my transport manager says it doesn’t but am puzzled how I’ve gone over by 8 minutes not once but twice not noticing the tacho flash break…thanks■■?

On digis using poa for 45 or 15 + 30 mins will reset the 4.5 driving time so best bet is not to use it but use break instead so at least you know the driving time is reset

Yes because most tacho machines recognise POA as break or at least can’t distinguish it. Best thing to do is write down how much driving you’ve done before going into POA so if it does reset you know how much you got to play with.

Digital tachographs wrongly count POA as break, so if you accumulate 45 minutes of break or POA the tachograph will wrongly reset the used driving time since the last break.

Thanks for the replies will start making a note my supervisor seems to think it doesn’t reset and has had me in twice for goin over 8 minutes…My fault for goin over I know but at least I can give him an explanation why now as he keeps tellin me put it on poa every time I wait even for 2 mins and lost track of drivin time…cheers for clearin up…

NELSON76:
Thanks for the replies will start making a note my supervisor seems to think it doesn’t reset and has had me in twice for goin over 8 minutes…My fault for goin over I know but at least I can give him an explanation why now as he keeps tellin me put it on poa every time I wait even for 2 mins and lost track of drivin time…cheers for clearin up…

Employer cannot TELL a driver what to record - that is up to the driver

I would record break when not working or driving

ROG:

Perhaps you could point us in the direction of the regulation/law or whatever that prevents a TM from telling a driver to do something that’s legal to do :exclamation:

ROG:

NELSON76:

I would record break when not working or driving

That’ll keep it legal of course, but many drivers don’t get paid for their breaks. Hence they’re going to try to keep them as low as possible.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

tachograph:

ROG:

Perhaps you could point us in the direction of the regulation/law or whatever that prevents a TM from telling a driver to do something that’s legal to do :exclamation:

I thought the regs made it clear that it is the drivers responsibility to record their duties :question:
If that is correct then it legally implies that the driver chooses what to record

ROG:

tachograph:

ROG:

I thought the regs made it clear that it is the drivers responsibility to record their duties :question:
If that is correct then it legally implies that the driver chooses what to record

It’s the drivers responsibility to record his activities but there are plenty of situations where a choice of activities is legally available, no way does it imply that the driver cannot be told to record anything that’s legal.

I’m always prepared to be wrong, but I don’t think the supervisor is correct:

NELSON76:
… he keeps tellin me put it on poa every time I wait even for 2 mins …

dieseldave:

NELSON76:

There’s no reason why he cannot use POA for 2 minutes if he knows how long he’ll be waiting, personally I think it’s a joke to use POA like that, but it is legal.

tachograph:

dieseldave:

NELSON76:

There’s no reason why he cannot use POA for 2 minutes if he knows how long he’ll be waiting, personally I think it’s a joke to use POA like that, but it is legal.

:blush: Sorry tachograph, I meant to say that I don’t think the supervisor is correct in terms of the reason he’s instructing the driver to use POA.

I thought it was an invalid/incorrect use of POA in that it’s the incorrect mode in the circumstances (“every time I wait even for 2 mins”) as described. It just struck me as a bit odd.