Assessment today

As the title says I had an assessment today with culina. Drive went well, as did the reversing and trailer swap. I’ve been shunting for 6 months so if I cocked up the reversing or trailer swap, I want shooting!

Then at the end of the drive, the assessor asked me some questions. 3 caught me out, so I thought I would ask you guys to find out how I did.

Question 1: when changing a trailer, how do you find the height of the new trailer?

Answer 1: it’s printed on the headboard, just set the height indicator. (That was a guess, I have no idea how to measure the height of the 5th wheel)

Question 2: how do you do a printout mid shift. WITHOUT taking the card out of the tacho?

Answer: I have no idea (but it would be handy to know)

Question 3: you are doing a manual entry and ‘ufp guest’ comes up, what do you do next?

Answer: eject the card and start again (total blag! I have never seen it, and have no idea what it means)

Notes: the trailer height is printed on the trailer, so I thought that I should just go by that. It is given that the fifth wheel is x high. Without a height stick, I can’t see any better way of doing it. It would be handy to know how to do a printout mid shift in case I need to do a couple. No idea whatsoever what ufp means, I would be interested to know.

Maybe the answer to these questions could help others out too. The other questions he asked me were easy questions, speed limits, rest breaks, load security etc the usual boring crap, it won’t serve to help anyone out me typing all that. Others have asked and answered a million times and a quick search answers the questions.

On another note, it’s Friday yay! I’ve got holiday next week, so all is well in jbaz land! Plan to chill out and got a couple of interviews next week.

For a print out just press okay a few times.

I only know this because of when I was trying to work out how to put it on break on my first shift.

Thanks for the tip, I’ve got 3 interviews while I’m off this week, so hopefully something suits me. I want day work, apart from that I’m considering anything, preferably something new. One is for general haulage, not too sure about that. No preconceptions though, I will hear them out. Another is for Biffa doing w+d roro skips. I fancy that one, like I say, something I’ve not done before.

You’ll have fun doing ro-ro skips at biffa, I’ve been driving class 1 attics for just under a year now and the firm sent me out with one of the lads on w&d skips to see if I liked it. The money is better but after going out with them for 2 days I told them no way ! Only one way to find out though.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

jbaz73:
As the title says I had an assessment today with culina. Drive went well, as did the reversing and trailer swap. I’ve been shunting for 6 months so if I cocked up the reversing or trailer swap, I want shooting!

Then at the end of the drive, the assessor asked me some questions. 3 caught me out, so I thought I would ask you guys to find out how I did.

Question 1: when changing a trailer, how do you find the height of the new trailer?

Answer 1: it’s printed on the headboard, just set the height indicator. (That was a guess, I have no idea how to measure the height of the 5th wheel)

Question 2: how do you do a printout mid shift. WITHOUT taking the card out of the tacho?

Answer: I have no idea (but it would be handy to know)

Question 3: you are doing a manual entry and ‘ufp guest’ comes up, what do you do next?

Answer: eject the card and start again (total blag! I have never seen it, and have no idea what it means)

Notes: the trailer height is printed on the trailer, so I thought that I should just go by that. It is given that the fifth wheel is x high. Without a height stick, I can’t see any better way of doing it. It would be handy to know how to do a printout mid shift in case I need to do a couple. No idea whatsoever what ufp means, I would be interested to know.

Maybe the answer to these questions could help others out too. The other questions he asked me were easy questions, speed limits, rest breaks, load security etc the usual boring crap, it won’t serve to help anyone out me typing all that. Others have asked and answered a million times and a quick search answers the questions.

On another note, it’s Friday yay! I’ve got holiday next week, so all is well in jbaz land! Plan to chill out and got a couple of interviews next week.

What depot ?

Lutterworth

jbaz73:
Lutterworth

Ambient site be under G Bear then .

Spot on

antm4n:
You’ll have fun doing ro-ro skips at biffa, I’ve been driving class 1 attics for just under a year now and the firm sent me out with one of the lads on w&d skips to see if I liked it. The money is better but after going out with them for 2 days I told them no way ! Only one way to find out though.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

What’s so bad about it?

Just constantly taking skips on and of and messing around. To get the skip off your carrying disconnect the trailer take the skip off, the one on the trailer has to be transferred to empty unit before offloading. Then putting on unit to transfer to trailer to take it back. Dropping the trailer a distance away because there’s no room at the place your going to etc etc. I can see why they get extra money, just for the agro factor. The only plus side is I have to wait to be loaded the skip lads just crack on with it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought that may be the case, I have the option to stay class 2 if I want. Think I will go and hear them out, take it from there

Does anyone know of Translink Express at Leicester? I have an interview with them today. It’s pallet trunk work. Doesn’t sound too bad, money could be better, but couldn’t it always?