Cpc question

I need to check when my cpc and tacho card run out. Am I right in thinking I need to look at 4b? I did my cpc in November 2015 so I think that makes it 2020?

jbaz73:
I need to check when my cpc and tacho card run out. Am I right in thinking I need to look at 4b? I did my cpc in November 2015 so I think that makes it 2020?

Licence, DQC and digicard will each have their own individual separate expiry dates

The cpc is valid for 5 years. And yes, the expiry date is shown at 4b on your DQC.

For information, you need to complete 35 hours of periodic training before the expiry date to maintain your entitlement. If you’ve done anything towards this, it can be checked at gov.uk/check-your-driver-cp … ning-hours

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks, I’ve done no hours so far. I will end up doing the full week again.

Thanks, I’ve done no hours so far. I will end up doing the full week again.

I suggest you do 7 hours every few months rather than do it in a weekly block. Although it’s not laid down in law, the principle of cpc is that it’s done as one day each year.

For whatever reason, a huge number of folks end up doing a week block. And, depending on the standard of training, this can be a nightmare.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
For whatever reason, a huge number of folks end up doing a week block. And, depending on the standard of training, this can be a nightmare.

Boring as well especially if you do the same course 5 times in one week :exclamation:

I would have done it one day per year, but I thought I’d hung up my keys. My situation has changed and I will be back driving soon. I have cpc until 2020, so it maybe that I choose not to do it, I am only going back on the road to make some extra cash.

A previous company did drivers hours & tacho regs 5 days in a row as they were getting around 30 infringements a week from 100 drivers… some drivers still consistently get infringements

TheNewBoy:
A previous company did drivers hours & tacho regs 5 days in a row as they were getting around 30 infringements a week from 100 drivers… some drivers still consistently get infringements

There are two issues here TNB, sometimes the standard of training is poor, and sometimes drivers either don’t listen or are afraid to ask a question when they don’t understand something.

:bulb: If both of those are happening at the same time, then it’s no wonder that the company would get so many infringements.

To my way of thinking, it’s more the trainer’s fault, because it’s pretty clear that the trainer isn’t using confirmatory questioning techniques (throughout the training day) and then actually acting upon what he hears in response. If that’s what’s happening in the classroom, then IMHO the problem is being caused by a lazy or poorly trained trainer.

To my way of thinking, it’s more the trainer’s fault, because it’s pretty clear that the trainer isn’t using confirmatory questioning techniques (throughout the training day) and then actually acting upon what he hears in response. If that’s what’s happening in the classroom, then IMHO the problem is being caused by a lazy or poorly trained trainer.

Absolutely agree. And there is so much poor training out there that this is the inevitable outcome. However, the cpc would be more robust IMO if there was a test (pass/fail) at the end of the session. This would encourage everyone involved to put the effort in. This applies to the trainer and the candidates.

When I did the cpc, there was an EE guy who was on nights who slept through the entire course

I think that backs up my argument. Though it has to be said that the trainer should not upload the guy’s hours so the system works to a small degree.