Decided to come out of lurrrrrrkin

Hello everybody!!!
Just wanted to post and present myself now that I’m “legally allowed” to drive a truck. I’m Jonny I’m 33, ive worked in engineering since i left school but driving always appealed to me as my kind of job. Just last week passed my CAT C (class 2 for the elders) and CPC. going on to do my C+E in March also. Personally I think the test is a doddle. (2 minors) I know driving in the real world will be completely different but considering that in the wrong hands its essentially a killing machine I think that the test was quite simple, I found my training to be quite short too 14hrs in total.
All in all I’m happy and want to get going in my new career.

So!
Time to sign with a few million agencies I suppose…

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Jonny
Welcome to the forum and well done on the cat C,as you said the hard bit starts now looking for a job,
Where abouts are you based? Nothing to stop,you applying for a permanent gig instead of getting shafted by agencies.

Jeff.

:smiley: :smiley:

ROG:

:smiley: :smiley:

Ty ROG

Daytrunker:
Hi Jonny
Welcome to the forum and well done on the cat C,as you said the hard bit starts now looking for a job,
Where abouts are you based? Nothing to stop,you applying for a permanent gig instead of getting shafted by agencies.

Jeff.

TY Daytrunker. I’m in Shrewsbury, a small town in Shropshire… I’m updating my cv tonight for a few local firms… a company I used to work for has a sister company in haulage so I went over this week after not working there for about 3 years. I used to be on first name terms with the TM as I’d see him daily about the 2 firms. Told him my story and asked if there was any openings available but he just laughed at me…said he wouldn’t let his own sons near his trucks without 2 years experience first… how is anybody supposed to start up there career with that kind of attitude . Ok I know trucks are very expensive but surely you can mould a newbie into an ideal employee/driver?

Lloyd fraser at four crosses are looking. A company I used to work for on milk tankers based in Wrexham did out base two trucks one which they let the driver park it at the truckstop in market drayton and the other was an artic he would park the trailer at muller wiseman’s yard at market drayton then the company let him drive the unit to park outside his house in shrewsbury. If your interested the companies name is JH Willis not the best paying but atleast you will get the experience you need or look out towards telford area.

Alliepallie4:
Lloyd fraser at four crosses are looking. A company I used to work for on milk tankers based in Wrexham did out base two trucks one which they let the driver park it at the truckstop in market drayton and the other was an artic he would park the trailer at muller wiseman’s yard at market drayton then the company let him drive the unit to park outside his house in shrewsbury. If your interested the companies name is JH Willis not the best paying but atleast you will get the experience you need or look out towards telford area.

Thank you. Worth a drive over… if you don’t ask you don’t get…

Vapingtrucker:
TY Daytrunker. I’m in Shrewsbury, a small town in Shropshire… I’m updating my cv tonight for a few local firms… a company I used to work for has a sister company in haulage so I went over this week after not working there for about 3 years. I used to be on first name terms with the TM as I’d see him daily about the 2 firms. Told him my story and asked if there was any openings available but he just laughed at me…said he wouldn’t let his own sons near his trucks without 2 years experience first… how is anybody supposed to start up there career with that kind of attitude . Ok I know trucks are very expensive but surely you can mould a newbie into an ideal employee/driver?

Doesn’t apply to all firms, so go out looking. Sooner or later you will find one desperate enough to take on a new pass/sensible enough to realise that new passes can be an asset. I always say try the smaller firms where the TM is more likely to have been a youngster starting out himself in the past.

Good luck!

albion:

Vapingtrucker:

Doesn’t apply to all firms, so go out looking. Sooner or later you will find one desperate enough to take on a new pass/sensible enough to realise that new passes can be an asset. I always say try the smaller firms where the TM is more likely to have been a youngster starting out himself in the past.

Good luck!

Thank you for your advice albion

But don’t just try transport firms there are other companies who run vehicles

animal:

Maybe a noob question but like who?

Vapingtrucker:

animal:

Maybe a noob question but like who?

Like people who run there own transport ( make & deliver it them selves ) you a bit far from me but we have several ie Tyneside Safety Glass have there own transport same as a cheese company up in the north east

If you have a 3663/bidvest they normally take on new pass the work not easy mind or some of the pallet networks