Back on the job hunt

Well as it says up above I’m back on the job hunt. I got a start with a company delivering home furnishings and thought great this will get me experience. Money was poor but I was willing to take it short term for the long term goal of getting experience. So all was well a part from the lawless society that was the workplace, everyone I spoke to hated the work, the boss, the vehicles the money and everything else that was there but I thought that’s just the usual moaning. So you would either have a porter with you if it was local work or another driver if it was up north so you could split the driving. So it started with the others smoking. Being an ex smoker people can do what they want but not in the vehicle please, then there was the joints! I was told that every driver smokes it and I will have to fit in and just get on with it. So rather than get stoned out of my face while I’m driving on second hand smoke I left yesterday. What a waste of time so that’s me back with not much experience and no job. Oh well back to the drawing board :frowning:

Seriously unlucky mate.
But you’re best out of it. Where you based in case anyone has suggestions?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I would report them to vosa, if it was me. Smoking I can do with, being an ex smoker as well. But they are putting life’s at risk, because the stuff they smoke could have something laced in it.

Good luck on the job front though.

Franglais:
Seriously unlucky mate.

Glasgow ( west) had it at the back of my mind when I wasn’t asked for references or who I have worked for. I have set my travel distance to 30mile from my door so that will get me out to Bathgate lol so I have the whole of the M8 corridor almost, back out on Monday with the Cv’s in hand. I won’t let it get me down.

Never mind reporting it to DVSA…report them to the Police…drug driving is an offence.

NPABU:
Well as it says up above I’m back on the job hunt. I got a start with a company delivering home furnishings and thought great this will get me experience. Money was poor but I was willing to take it short term for the long term goal of getting experience. So all was well a part from the lawless society that was the workplace, everyone I spoke to hated the work, the boss, the vehicles the money and everything else that was there but I thought that’s just the usual moaning. So you would either have a porter with you if it was local work or another driver if it was up north so you could split the driving. So it started with the others smoking. Being an ex smoker people can do what they want but not in the vehicle please, then there was the joints! I was told that every driver smokes it and I will have to fit in and just get on with it. So rather than get stoned out of my face while I’m driving on second hand smoke I left yesterday. What a waste of time so that’s me back with not much experience and no job. Oh well back to the drawing board :frowning:

Well done. There’s a difference between having a good work ethic and not putting up with ■■■■.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

NPABU:

Franglais:
Seriously unlucky mate.

Glasgow ( west) had it at the back of my mind when I wasn’t asked for references or who I have worked for. I have set my travel distance to 30mile from my door so that will get me out to Bathgate lol so I have the whole of the M8 corridor almost, back out on Monday with the Cv’s in hand. I won’t let it get me down.

Way off my little patch mate, but there should be something going on there. Good luck.

In my younger days, I drove after a few spliffs… my driving was diabolical! I could have killed someone, although I don’t think I got above 10 mph, more chance of hitting a parked car, wide roads magically narrowed. I wouldn’t recommend it, and as for driving a truck when obliterated? No ducking chance! This was in my pre hgv days.

You absolutely did the right thing, second hand smoke will put your license at risk, walk away and I’m with the others, report them.

It’s not the best time of year, but there is still work around, chin up bud! Something will turn up.

Deffinately report them. If they’re willing to drive high what other laws are they willing to break? Nah not good, as ever on these things I consider the what if they run me or a member of my family over.

Good luck with the job search. Something will come your way.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You did the right thing leaving. You could be invited for an interview with a proper company that might involve a drug and alcohol test and you’d fail it under those circumstances. And a report to the authorities regarding this mob would be only right.

How are you getting on with the job hunt? We seem to be looking around the same area, I have a list that myself and my wife’s help have been going through with contacting and cv dropping if you want a look. Just incase there is anyone you may have missed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Valentine75:
How are you getting on with the job hunt? We seem to be looking around the same area, I have a list that myself and my wife’s help have been going through with contacting and cv dropping if you want a look. Just incase there is anyone you may have missed.

A&D in Linwood are recruiting currently if they’re on your list. £9 an hour, £13.■■ overtime after 45, £25 night out. Mate of mines just started with them.

harrawaffa:

Valentine75:

A&D in Linwood are recruiting currently if they’re on your list. £9 an hour, £13.■■ overtime after 45, £25 night out. Mate of mines just started with them.

Thanks, I’ll check them out

Valentine75:

I have managed to get something that is alright, it’s a mix of van/ 7.5 work, it’s not hard and it’s time on my tacho. It’s early starts but early afternoon finishes and it’s all over Scotland pretty much, Ayrshire run, Borders run or east coast and Northern run. Each day is different and your left to get on with it, I deliver frozen foods to convenience shops that could be a box of cone s to half a pallet.
I was wanting Class C but took this as I still need to pay bills.
A&D are Class 1 only so no good to me.
Cheers Paul