New world

I’m totally new to this world I work as ramp agent but that’s taking it’s toes lifting 32kg x 500-700 each day it’s doing my back damage.

I want to ask do anyone done their training with hgvtraining.co.uk or hgvexpress

Been offered with HGV EXPRESS
Description: Category C 5 Days
Total Payable: £2,963.50
Deposit: £21.00
Interest Rate: 19.9%
Total Interest: £864.50
Repayments: £61.30 per month for 48 months

They are promising me a job after training 30k a year

I think the interest rate is far to much

I’m from London does anyone know good training schools around London

They are a training broker, don’t go near them. If you go direct to a training company you will save yourself the best part of 2k.

I’m sure the forum sponsor will be along soon to mention he offers interest free credit.

That is far too much money…i don’t know that company but anywhere offering a 30k job at the end of training is to be steered clear of imo!

Where in London are you?

Broker run forest run ! , they’ll shaft you over

I’ll tell you 2 things…
1)That price plus the £800+ interest rate is ridiculous,basically they are charging you £800 to pass your details onto a training school.
2)That “promise” of a job is all bull ■■■■ if you read the small print on the contract it’ll probably read that they will get you an interview somewhere,they certainly cannot guarantee you employment.

!!!STAY WELL CLEAR & TAKE THE ADVICE THAT WILL FOLLOW ON THIS THREAD!!!

Also apply for an interest free credit card and pay for the course on that if that’s they route you need to take,all it’ll cost you in interest then is 3% of the balance if you have to shift it to another card when your promotional rate runs out if the balance ain’t cleared.

Thanks for the advice
I’m from North London Highbury does anyone know good training schools around london

Check out the link in my signature below as it contains virtually all you need

We offer CAT C, to Trucknet users only, for £1260 fully inclusive of 1:1 tuition, VAT, test fee etc etc. Also accommodation free of charge if you’re more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW - which you clearly are.

If you want finance, we offer interest free £1000 finance - no questions asked. You pay £200 when booking, £200 2 weeks before you start training and then £100 per month for the following 10 months. This is our normal rate of £1400. Accommodation can be arranged at cost but would not be free.

You’ll struggle to beat this, given the facilities and reputation we have. Feel free to ask for opinions on the forum.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
We offer CAT C, to Trucknet users only, for £1260 fully inclusive of 1:1 tuition, VAT, test fee etc etc. Also accommodation free of charge if you’re more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW - which you clearly are.

If you want finance, we offer interest free £1000 finance - no questions asked. You pay £200 when booking, £200 2 weeks before you start training and then £100 per month for the following 10 months. This is our normal rate of £1400. Accommodation can be arranged at cost but would not be free.

You’ll struggle to beat this, given the facilities and reputation we have. Feel free to ask for opinions on the forum.

That means the op could do his C+E as well for what HGV rip off would charge for cat C[emoji49]

carsilondon:
I’m totally new to this world I work as ramp agent but that’s taking it’s toes lifting 32kg x 500-700 each day it’s doing my back damage.

I want to ask do anyone done their training with hgvtraining.co.uk or hgvexpress

Been offered with HGV EXPRESS
Description: Category C 5 Days
Total Payable: £2,963.50
Deposit: £21.00
Interest Rate: 19.9%
Total Interest: £864.50
Repayments: £61.30 per month for 48 months

They are promising me a job after training 30k a year

I think the interest rate is far to much

I’m from London does anyone know good training schools around London

Check Wallace school of transport, I have passed with them cat C, no complains, it will cost you around 1300 to 1600 depending on course you choose and if you pass 1st time. Price you mentioned is nonsense.

Yep Wallace School in Park Royal NW London. They have training yards all over London. I booked 5day Class 2 course (4 days training and test on 5th) for £1335. I did all three theory test and medical on my own so add roughly £130 extra for that.

You are obviously a complete newbie, the advice is sound, STAY AWAY from brokers. If you post the training school that you’re thinking of using, we will be able to advise you. Think of brokers like employment agencies. They have no trucks, they just match a training school to a pupil and take a fee for doing nothing.

Pete has my personal recommendation. If you can get there, take him up on the free accomadation and interest free payments.

Also, all the brokers will do is hook you up with an agency

I can only echo all of the above. Stay away from brokers and the like.

The rate quoted alone would have me running very quickly in the opposite direction. £3k for a Class 2, are they kidding?

If anyone is guaranteeing you a job afterwards, simple, call their bluff… Who’s this guaranteed job with then? If they’re not being straight with you already, that should tell you something…

Peter Smythe:

Is there any difference with what you’ve said there with C+E Peter? I’m looking at booking in the next month or so.

CAT CE is £1550. So £200 on booking, £350 2 weeks before start of training, 10 months @ £100.

But only one agreement at a time. ie C must be settled before you start another set of finance.

Sorry, just realised you may already have C.

Peter Smythe:
Sorry, just realised you may already have C.

Yeah I passed with yourselves (Chris) in April 2016. Is he still around?