Domestic driving rules, log books etc

I’ve been working for a company since October ( my first lgv job ) delivering and collecting hire vehicles and also vehicles for repairs. This work is tacho exempt but as far as I’m concerned is still subject to domestic driving regulations. IE : an 11 hour maximum day on duty including a maximum 10 hours driving.
Work is now picking up and things will get much busier in the spring and summer. I’m being pressurised already to work 13 hour days and am told by other workers that much more will be expected of me from March onwards.
The company don’t provide log books ( they claim to be exempt ? ) so I’ve started keeping my own records to cover myself.
I’ve already been stopped by vosa who issued a prohibition order on the ageing truck due to issues with the brakes and lights and were going to fine me but I’m a polite person and fortunately passed the attitude test !
Before anyone asks, yes I did my full walk around check and all was fine ( that I could ascertain ) before I went on the road.
Previous drivers who have queried these issues have been “let go” but I’ve got bills to pay and believe it or not I enjoy the job sometimes.
Is my interpretation of the law correct ? I worked for years under EU regs on coaches without any issues whatsoever but this is a whole different ball game.
Thankyou.

2.1. Domestic rules exemptions
The following groups are exempt from the domestic drivers’ hours rules:

drivers of vehicles used by the Armed Forces, the police and fire brigade
drivers who always drive off the public road system
private driving, ie not in connection with a job or in any way to earn a living

I cannot see an exemption for your job either

ROG:

Thanks Rog. I thought I was right and you’ve confirmed it. I’d best start looking for another job as I don’t want to risk my licence and livelihood.

fernando:

ROG:

Thanks Rog. I thought I was right and you’ve confirmed it. I’d best start looking for another job as I don’t want to risk my licence and livelihood.

Sounds like youre best off out of it. A pity, since you find the work interesting, but you re doing the right thing by getting out while you`re still clean.
Good luck.

I currently do 12 hours every day on domestic regs
Previously spent three years tramping on domestic regs
Three tugs from VOSA in that time as they like to inspect our trailers to make sure we aren’t leaking blood and body fluids on the road
Went through my log book on all occasions and had no issue with doing 12-15 hour days everyday

If you drive for less than four hours per day you ate exempt from the 11 hour duty limit. Usually domestic work within a radius of 50km from Base does not require a log book to be kept. And most exemptions no longer apply if you exceed a 100km radius although some do.

Road2ruin:
If you drive for less than four hours per day you ate exempt from the 11 hour duty limit. Usually domestic work within a radius of 50km from Base does not require a log book to be kept. And most exemptions no longer apply if you exceed a 100km radius although some do.

I drive for far more than 4 hours a day every day and all over the UK.
Sometimes its a 5 or 6 hour stint in a truck then driving back in a hire car which obviously doesn’t take quite as long due to no speed limiter etc. But often I’m returning in another truck.
I’ve started my own log book as my employer seems pretty clueless about the law. Whether that’s intentional or down to genuine ignorance I don’t know ?