Retest - failed

Had my retest yesterday, failed for a second time. First time for hitting cone C (it was actually B), this time for kerbing three times and one for not looking, apparently I didnt check my left side mirror at a roundabout and there was a black car in the left lane. Had five minors, mostly being too quick at junctions.

Suffice to say Im a tad peeved but onwards and upwards. Rebooked and away we go again. Ironically in my assessment and training I hit zero kerbs. I guess nerves took over.

Sounds like nerves. Maybe a little more training before your next test. The test is easy, but you only realise that when you pass. Sorry to sound big headed, but when you actually pass you will realise how easy it is, the hard bit is when you’re out on your own

Yeh having a full day this time then test. Definitely nerves, just one of those things.

KALMS are your friend :bulb:

Kalms? The driving test is so stressful, it calls for Valium! Seriously though, the stress gets everyone, I think you are doing the right thing having a days training. If you kerbed 3 times, that needs sorting out. The nerves are going to get you, no matter what you do, the trick is to use it and focus hard on what you’re doing. Sounds easy doesn’t it? Lol. Another thing is to focus hard and stay relaxed st the same time. You’ve been trained, you can do it, you just have to show that you can do it. I’m sure that you will nail it this time :slight_smile: btw is it class 1 or 2?

I concur with Kalms from Boots, they take the edge of it, made of dried lettuce leaves.
A hot bath , the night before, use Radox with a muscle relaxant.
No tv the night before.
By the way, you did not FAIL , you had defered success.
No kittens were killed or run over.
Edit for Dipper Dave " No tv night before ", does not mean a transvestite for the night, or in Dippers case a blow up doll.

jbaz73:
Kalms? The driving test is so stressful, it calls for Valium! Seriously though, the stress gets everyone, I think you are doing the right thing having a days training. If you kerbed 3 times, that needs sorting out. The nerves are going to get you, no matter what you do, the trick is to use it and focus hard on what you’re doing. Sounds easy doesn’t it? Lol. Another thing is to focus hard and stay relaxed st the same time. You’ve been trained, you can do it, you just have to show that you can do it. I’m sure that you will nail it this time :slight_smile: btw is it class 1 or 2?

Ha Valium. I’d be completely out of it and not care.

It’s Class 2. I’m not going to beat myself up about it. It was just one of those things. I hadn’t been in a truck since before xmas so as I said, I don’t think I did that bad. Sure I clipped 3 kerbs but hey ho

toby1234abc:
I concur with Kalms from Boots, they take the edge of it, made of dried lettuce leaves.
A hot bath , the night before, use Radox with a muscle relaxant.
No tv the night before.
By the way, you did not FAIL , you had defered success.
No kittens were killed or run over.
Edit for Dipper Dave " No tv night before ", does not mean a transvestite for the night, or in Dippers case a blow up doll.

Exactly, deferred success is the right way of looking at it. The kerbs survived and no kittens injured. I’m also out of TV’s and blow up dolls so Im good there heh.

Had my test today, passed. Also killed a pheasant (or maybe a grouse) when it decided to follow it’s mate and fly in front of the truck. RIP Pheasant/Grouse.

Haizum74:
Had my test today, passed. Also killed a pheasant (or maybe a grouse) when it decided to follow it’s mate and fly in front of the truck. RIP Pheasant/Grouse.

Congratulations! Well done

Well done.

:smiley: :smiley:

Cheers folks, I’m chuffed to bits.