CPC

Hi everyone couple of questions I passed my car test before 1997 and have C1 I have been offered a job driving a 7.5t wagon now do I need to do the 35 hrs training to get my CPC? I have a medical booked for next Friday so that I can get provisional C on my licence then I can book in with PSTT for training for both C And C/E training will I have to do more CPC training after I have gained the C/E licence?

Yes
If it’s paid employment you need cpc
Your best speaking to PSTT

Durde:
Hi everyone couple of questions I passed my car test before 1997 and have C1 I have been offered a job driving a 7.5t wagon now do I need to do the 35 hrs training to get my CPC? I have a medical booked for next Friday so that I can get provisional C on my licence then I can book in with PSTT for training for both C And C/E training will I have to do more CPC training after I have gained the C/E licence?

You have aquired rights so all you need do for your CPC is complete 35 hours training.
You can do this in a classroom or alternatively, your C training will cover 30 hours with 1 day in a classroom.
Thats how I done it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi I’m the same era as you and I did in cab CPC training so didn’t do the 35 hours in class.
I can highly recommend flairtraining.co.uk/

35 hours needed before driving any LGV commercially

You can get many of those hours doing the C and CE training with PSTT - perhaps 14 on each course leaving 7 short of the 35 which can be made up doing a course on the regs

C+E with Ritchie’s u get 28hrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might well be able to get 14 hours cpc from your CAT C training - but ask for it when you book (it is impossible to back-date cpc).

That clearly leaves 21 hours which can be done in the classroom or, if you’re going up to CE straight away, 14 hours from CE leaving just 7hrs.

But speak to Tracey or Aaron in the office and explain what you’re after and they will find the best solution specifically for you.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

LostSomeWhere:

2 to 1 training over 5 days :question:

Thanks guys for all of your replies.

ROG:

LostSomeWhere:

2 to 1 training over 5 days :question:

Not sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter Smythe:
You might well be able to get 14 hours cpc from your CAT C training - but ask for it when you book (it is impossible to back-date cpc).

That clearly leaves 21 hours which can be done in the classroom or, if you’re going up to CE straight away, 14 hours from CE leaving just 7hrs.

But speak to Tracey or Aaron in the office and explain what you’re after and they will find the best solution specifically for you.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thank you Pete I will be in touch as soon as I get C provisional on my licence and I would like to do both C and C/E back to back